Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Chrispy09

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Chrispy09
Majesty of the Seas
Entertainment 5+
        10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0

Ready to Go Again!
I treated my two granddaughters (12 and 15) to a 3 night Bahamas cruise on the Majesty. This was my first time on Royal Caribbean. I sailed before on the Celebrity Century (wonderful) and the MSC Poesia (OK). Although the ship is supposedly older, it was not noticeably so. I was fearful after reading reviews that we would be crowded in our ocean view room, but this wasn't the case. The twin beds were on either side of the room and the girls loved the pull down bunks which they said were very comfortable. This left an extra twin bed as a catch all and sitting surface and a walkway in between the lower beds. With the luggage under the beds, there was room to spare. The bathroom was laid out comfortably but didn't have an electrical outlet. One was located by a lighted mirror over the small desk in the cabin, so that was fine.

I was glad I got a picture window room for the girls' first cruise so they could enjoy the views. It did look like the rooms from 6 up were obstructed pretty badly and I think 7 and 8 had walking decks outside the rooms so the curtains had to be kept closed for privacy. Floors 4 and 5 are great but a porthole room on 3 or 2 probably would have been OK. We weren't right by the elevators so the noise level wasn't bad. We were only 3 doors down the hall, though, so we didn't have to hike to them. I would try next time to get on the opposite (port) side to be able to see where we were docked.

I decided to spring for the $20 parking across the street in a covered garage and was glad I did because it was pouring rain at the cruise's end. Standing outside waiting on a bus to go to remote parking with two wet divas would have been miserable. Getting on and off the ship was smooth and fast.

The food in the RC dining room was just a notch below the Century, which is saying a lot because that was amazing. The Majesty's fare was fresh, seasoned well, warm, beautifully presented and there were interestingly different choices daily. The buffet had good salads and fruit in addition to "American" hot dishes and some Indian and Asian items. The dining and buffet rooms were quiet even when crowded and adequately but not painfully lighted.

The theater entertainment was the best I have enjoyed on my three cruises and the girls loved the comedian, Dave Orion I think, who did a great job of involving the audience in his stand up routine. The staff recreation and entertainment staff and on board activities were outstanding. I just didn't have enough time as usual to sample everything. The girls enjoyed the Fuel activities for 12-17 year olds but reported there weren't a whole lot of participants, maybe because school had already started in a lot of places.

The service on the Majesty was delightful. Our dining room staff were friendly and attentive. Oor room attendant, Earl, was charming and is a master at towel animals. The only complaint I can offer doesn't involve the ship but some of the passengers. There were quite a few who acted like they had blinders on and would charge ahead of you in lines, to the elevator, and up and down the ramp effectively separating me from my granddaughters and oblivious to anyone else. Surprisingly, the men were the worst offenders, especially in the buffet lines.

I am hoping to drag my wonderful husband,who doesn't push in front of others and graciously encouraged our girls only trip, on the Majesty' for a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas early next year. There are lots of dance opportunities on the Majesty, which we enjoy. The dance floors are not really big, but they never are on cruise ships. I don't care about whether I go to the same ports--they're all about the same to a great degree. Coco Cay was very pleasant but I have the greatest beaches in the world around me here in Florida. It's the ship and what goes on there that interests me and what the Majesty offers makes me want to come back. Thanks to the Majesty, too, for providing such a great first time cruise experience for my granddaughters.

Publication Date: 09/02/10