MSC Splendida Cruise Review by Adrian: The MSC Experience (Recommended)

Adrian
Member Since 2003

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on MSC Splendida Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

The MSC Experience (Recommended)

Sail Date: July 2010
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Having been on two cruises before I more or less knew what to expect.My wife and my experience last time was not great. A small cabin limited entertainment and a small ship. Needless to say she had been put off cruising.

Due to circumstances we had the opportunity to go on the MSC Splendida. The truth I was worried after seeing reviews on this site and others and not knowing MSC like I knew for example Royal Carrabean.However the holiday surpassed my every expectation.

There is always something that can be a downfall but sometimes it is not the ship or staffs fault. Like happened to us we were four and were at in a table of extremely rude Spanish people which I know asked to move as I know Spanish and did not let on and let them go on speaking. However when I noticed I had been changed for a table of four I was so happy I decided not to complain as my party was of four.(So in reality they did us a favour.)

The food was of a good standard and my wife and I More are on a low carb diet and were able to laways find something suitable. The waiters were friendly and helpful. As were all staff especially the Cabin Stewart. They were only too happy to help.

The spa was used by my children a little expensive but expected.The pools were busy so I did not really use though children did. Entertainment staff were happy go lucky persons and were always again very helpful. Entertainment shows were of a good calibre and varied.

The shore excursions were very good (Malta one maybe a little disappointing) but in general we covered all we wanted to do.Would maybe not make every excursion so early as if we needed to be ready in the lounges at 800am it was an early start and if we wanted to use Disco or late night activities it was a little tyring.

I returned and was so happy all my family enjoyed the experience we are thinking of booking another cruise with MSC next year.This time with all the extended family making us 13.

Yes everything is charged even water but it is no more than you pay for water when you are out of the ship. Pettiness lie complaining about water and where the UNICEF donation goes etc is beyond me. I go on holiday with my family to enjoy myself and not bother about the rest around me. I can see allot of complaints about Italians been loud and rude coming from American passengers. You know that is probably exactly how you are viewed your self. Live and let live.

I personally thank MSC for providing me with such an experience and hope to sail with Splendida or other ships in the future. Excellent value for money service and general enjoyment. Less

Read more MSC Splendida cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Splendida Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Splendida Standard Balcony Botticelli Deck 8114

Cabin number 8114 and 8057 (one balcony one not) Rooms adequate size having a balcony makes the experience so much more beautiful would not travel again with out one. On our way to Rome the highlight was Stromboli Island which would have been missed in an internal cabin. Cleanliness excellent customer care well above average. Politeness of staff and clinically clean rooms. I am a Team Leader in a gambling company and recognise the importance of Customer Service and your Cabin staff should be praise.Thank you for making my trip more enjoyable

Wonderful city do not miss Gaudi's landmarks I did this on my own and we were all marvelled.

Nice enough tour unnecessary boat ride to kill some time. Could have taken a bus to town. Local walk was good and informative.

Read 127 Genoa Reviews

Temples were interesting would have liked to see more of the city rather than just been bused around the port.

Nice place.The travel to and fro was a little long and wasted too much time with the set meal. Would have preferred to have done more sight seeing.

Charming little town. Again a little more time for shopping but Greek theatre and views of Etna were amazing.

Good shore excursion. Did not like been stopped in a particular shop to be attacked by overpriced items. I am used to haggling so got good deals. Would have enjoyed more time for shopping.