MSC Splendida Cruise Review by Adrian

Cruise Date: July 2010
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 8
See More About: MSC Splendida Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
        10-12 4.0
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Splendida Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Splendida Deck Plans
The MSC Experience (Recommended)
Having been on two cruises before I more or less knew what to expect.My wife and my experience last time was not great. A small cabin limited entertainment and a small ship. Needless to say she had been put off cruising.

Due to circumstances we had the opportunity to go on the MSC Splendida. The truth I was worried after seeing reviews on this site and others and not knowing MSC like I knew for example Royal Carrabean.However the holiday surpassed my every expectation.

There is always something that can be a downfall but sometimes it is not the ship or staffs fault. Like happened to us we were four and were at in a table of extremely rude Spanish people which I know asked to move as I know Spanish and did not let on and let them go on speaking. However when I noticed I had been changed for a table of four I was so happy I decided not to complain as my party was of four.(So in reality they did us a favour.)

The food was of a good standard and my wife and I are on a low carb diet and were able to laways find something suitable. The waiters were friendly and helpful. As were all staff especially the Cabin Stewart. They were only too happy to help.

The spa was used by my children a little expensive but expected.The pools were busy so I did not really use though children did. Entertainment staff were happy go lucky persons and were always again very helpful. Entertainment shows were of a good calibre and varied.

The shore excursions were very good (Malta one maybe a little disappointing) but in general we covered all we wanted to do.Would maybe not make every excursion so early as if we needed to be ready in the lounges at 800am it was an early start and if we wanted to use Disco or late night activities it was a little tyring.

I returned and was so happy all my family enjoyed the experience we are thinking of booking another cruise with MSC next year.This time with all the extended family making us 13.

Yes everything is charged even water but it is no more than you pay for water when you are out of the ship. Pettiness lie complaining about water and where the UNICEF donation goes etc is beyond me. I go on holiday with my family to enjoy myself and not bother about the rest around me. I can see allot of complaints about Italians been loud and rude coming from American passengers. You know that is probably exactly how you are viewed your self. Live and let live.

I personally thank MSC for providing me with such an experience and hope to sail with Splendida or other ships in the future. Excellent value for money service and general enjoyment.

Publication Date: 08/30/10