Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by rmorgens

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: IB
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Great value for the money, but not
efore I begin, I must say...for a $199.00 per person last minute deal. I really cannot complain (too much). But this is exactly what can be expected for $199.00 per night; not much.

I was fixated on the great deal. It was a "great deal in monetary value," however the boat fell short in most areas. If the clientele and the food don't make a difference to you, than this is a great deal. Personally, these things factor into my enjoyment level.

**Typical NCL Sky guest** I guess I am shallow but...the people sitting next to me at dinner and at the pool shape my enjoyment level; The general cruise crowd do make a big difference to me. The upside comparison to my other cruises is, there were very few "newlyweds and nearly deads." generally a 45-and-below crowd. The 20 something's were, having a good time; much better than dealing with the oxygen mask crew (yes, I will be there one day and I'll get mine...). The low dollar room rates attracted primarily the Ricky Bobby and Gin-and-Juice crowd. For them, this had to be one of the best experiences of their life; for us...it was, well....ok. It was what I should have expected for the room rate but didn't have enough forward thinking to see it.

**Food** The food was lousy; no reason to go into great detail; grade school cafeteria quality food disguised with nice presentation (nice plates and no spork...)

**Entertainment** No complaints, the entertainment is fairly the same ship-to-ship. As good as any other ship

**Ports, Embarkation disembarkation** Very good, I really cant add anything to the other reviews on Nassau, Atlantis or the Cay.

The cost to run our family life off the ship for 3.5 days is more than $199.00 per person. in the end, as much as I did here (and as much as I want to) I really can't complain. For a change of scenery from the daily grind, this will leave any middle classer looking for more....

36 YO male traveling with wife and toddler, Third cruise.

Publication Date: 08/30/10
Read the Bahamas ports review by rmorgens
More Norwegian Sky Cruise Reviews