Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by rmorgens: Great value for the money, but not

rmorgens
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Great value for the money, but not

Sail Date: August 2010
Destination: Bahamas

efore I begin, I must say...for a $199.00 per person last minute deal. I really cannot complain (too much). But this is exactly what can be expected for $199.00 per night; not much.

I was fixated on the great deal. It was a "great deal in monetary value," however the boat fell short in most areas. If the clientele and the food don't make a difference to you, than this is a great deal. Personally, these things factor into my enjoyment level.

**Typical NCL Sky guest** I guess I am shallow but...the people sitting next to me at dinner and at the pool shape my enjoyment level; The general cruise crowd do make a big difference to me. The upside comparison to my other cruises is, there were very few "newlyweds and nearly deads." generally a 45-and-below crowd. The 20 something's were, having a good time; much better than dealing with the oxygen mask crew (yes, I will be there one day and I'll get mine...). The low dollar room rates attracted primarily the Ricky Bobby and More Gin-and-Juice crowd. For them, this had to be one of the best experiences of their life; for us...it was, well....ok. It was what I should have expected for the room rate but didn't have enough forward thinking to see it.

**Food** The food was lousy; no reason to go into great detail; grade school cafeteria quality food disguised with nice presentation (nice plates and no spork...)

**Entertainment** No complaints, the entertainment is fairly the same ship-to-ship. As good as any other ship

**Ports, Embarkation disembarkation** Very good, I really cant add anything to the other reviews on Nassau, Atlantis or the Cay.

The cost to run our family life off the ship for 3.5 days is more than $199.00 per person. in the end, as much as I did here (and as much as I want to) I really can't complain. For a change of scenery from the daily grind, this will leave any middle classer looking for more....

36 YO male traveling with wife and toddler, Third cruise. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 6101

Clean, no frills cabin. no complaints. no raves...

Read 2615 Nassau Reviews