MSC Musica Cruise Review by Aussie Sharon: Loved the itinerary and the cruise

Aussie Sharon
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on MSC Musica Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Loved the itinerary and the cruise

Sail Date: August 2010
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

Embarkation was a breeze, surprising as the ship was full. Once on-board the first thing that struck me was how clean and well maintained the ship was, it looked like brand new. Our Cabin was just as pristine and our steward was attentive and friendly. The 7 night itinerary visits 7 ports and is the perfect sampler for the Greek Islands. We were happy with the food, I was not keen on the buffet, far to hectic for me, but having said that the quality of the food they served was good. The restaurant was more our style being quieter. I had read a couple of negative reviews on this site about the food with one reviewer complaining they were starving, and can not for the life of me work out why. We felt we were offered far too much and enjoyed it all.....Just as well we did a lot of walking in port! They were lots of kids on-board, but they were never a bother to us, the only negative I had was that there were very few English speakers on the cruise. We did make a few acquaintances though More and enjoyed our cruise.

Speaking to a couple of American passengers I understand it is not like the Disney cruises they are used to, it is a European ship which is catering to the European market. The whole idea of travelling is to experience something different, cultures, people, lifestyles. We enjoyed our European experience,

We did not do any of the shore excursions, we did our own thing.details in Port reviews. As Bari is not listed in the ports here is what we did there. In Bari, go straight to the tourist information office at the port entry, they will give you a map and a walking tour with a booklet outlining the main sights. Less

Read more MSC Musica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Musica Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Musica Balcony Intermezzo Deck 11211

Clean and bright, the bed was comfy and we had no trouble getting extra pillows. the balcony was a reasonable size as was the room. It was quiet and we hardly knew we were moving.

In Piraeus, we caught the local train into Athens, it is about a 20 min walk from the ship, and costs Euro 2.50 return,there is a station right at the Acropolis and it is only a few stops away. You can pick up a local guide there is you feel you want one.

In Corfu, MSC charge you Euro 7 for a return transfer into town, but there is a local bus nearer the gates to the port that charged us Euro 1.25 one way, we took that but had a leisurely stroll back.

Read 269 Corfu Reviews

In Dubrovnik you do need to take their shuttle as it is too far to walk, make sure you do the walk around the City walls. The Musica arrives early in the morning before the other ships, so you get the benefit of seeing the town free of other tourists when you arrive which is nice.

In Katakolon you can take a small train to Olympia, it costs Euro 2.25 return and takes 45 mins, The Olympic site & Museum is a 5 min walk from the station.

Beautiful spot, we ate dinner there rather than on the cruise that night for the Greek experience.

Read 376 Mykonos Reviews

In Santorini DON'T buy the cactus juice without asking the price first, we paid Euro 10 each for a glass, it was nice but not worth the price! The walk down the donkey track is perilous, we did it and I wish I had not, I saw a few people slip and fall and it smells of donkey.

Loved Santorini, is is just as nice as you imagine it will be.