MSC Musica Cruise Review by Aussie Sharon

Cruise Date: August 2010
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 7
See More About: MSC Musica Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Musica Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Musica Deck Plans
Loved the itinerary and the cruise
Embarkation was a breeze, surprising as the ship was full. Once on-board the first thing that struck me was how clean and well maintained the ship was, it looked like brand new. Our Cabin was just as pristine and our steward was attentive and friendly. The 7 night itinerary visits 7 ports and is the perfect sampler for the Greek Islands. We were happy with the food, I was not keen on the buffet, far to hectic for me, but having said that the quality of the food they served was good. The restaurant was more our style being quieter. I had read a couple of negative reviews on this site about the food with one reviewer complaining they were starving, and can not for the life of me work out why. We felt we were offered far too much and enjoyed it all.....Just as well we did a lot of walking in port! They were lots of kids on-board, but they were never a bother to us, the only negative I had was that there were very few English speakers on the cruise. We did make a few acquaintances though and enjoyed our cruise.

Speaking to a couple of American passengers I understand it is not like the Disney cruises they are used to, it is a European ship which is catering to the European market. The whole idea of travelling is to experience something different, cultures, people, lifestyles. We enjoyed our European experience,

We did not do any of the shore excursions, we did our own thing.details in Port reviews. As Bari is not listed in the ports here is what we did there. In Bari, go straight to the tourist information office at the port entry, they will give you a map and a walking tour with a booklet outlining the main sights.

Publication Date: 08/29/10