Azamara Journey Cruise Review by datai1holiday

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Azamara Journey Cruise Review by datai1holiday
Azamara Journey
Azamara Journey
Member Name: datai1holiday
Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: 06
See More About: Azamara Journey Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Azamara Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Amazing Azamara
I was very lucky to experience an absolutely fantastic luxurious 4 nights onboard Azamara's Journey sailing from Greenwich, London to Copenhagen via Amsterdam and the breathtaking Kiel Canal in Germany. I could sense that I was in for an amazing time and this started from the first moment I stepped foot onto this ship.

The first thing that I had to do was to check in which was incredibly smooth and professionally taken care of by the courteous and professional staff onboard and I must say went throughout the ship from stateroom attendants right up to the Captain of the ship who was incredibly knowledgeable and certainly entertaining.

On arrival to my stateroom I found it to be spacious and immaculate (I had an outside stateroom 6004) my stateroom attendant Jugoo did an amazing job looking after me for my stay with Azamara and nothing was too much trouble down to replenishing my Elemis bathroom products to turning down my bed in the evening with a nice little touch of a chocolate left on my pillow.

I had the opportunity to dine in both speciality restaurants Aqualina & Prime C as well as the Windows Cafe for informal buffet dining and the main restaurant Discoveries. Aqualina and Prime C are most definitely worth the minimal $15 per person cover charge (this is complimentary for suite guests) as the food was exceptionally good and I can highly recommend a visit to both. Each have their own attributes which make them stand out from the Filet Mignon or Mini Fish and Chips in Prime C to the Seafood Platter and wonderfully cooked Sea Bass in Aqualina. Windows Cafe held an Indian Themed evening whilst I was onboard and I can safely say it was one of the best I've ever eaten. Discoveries Restaurant also provided an extensive choice of menus to choose from it took me about 15 minutes to decide what to eat! In each restaurant for lunch & dinner waiters serve you a choice of house red or white wines at your table which is at no additional charge and is freely poured. These wines are matched to each destination and are served by extremely knowledgeable wine waiters and the wine sommeliers are also on hand to offer any advice that you may require.

Azamara Journey also has a spa onboard that provides guests with an array of treatments ranging from Hot Stone Massages, Reflexology, Teeth Whitening to Acupuncture which are carried out in the numerous treatment rooms available. Azamara also has a fully equipped gym onboard along with a Thalassotherapy pool and relaxation area which is available for all guests use at a daily charge of $18 (free for suite guests) and beauty salon which provides hair and nail treatments.

Publication Date: 08/29/10
More Azamara Journey Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Azamara Journey review Read the next Azamara Journey review

More Baltic & Northern Europe Reviews
ONE OF THE BEST!!!
Fabulous first time experience.
cruise virgin!