Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by voneuchre

Cruise Date: August 2010
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 8B
        16+ 1.0

Why cruise to hot from hot
Been on eight cruises before, all have been in the spring or fall. This is the first for me in the Summer. Why this is the busiest time for cruising is beyond me, but the water was warmer for snorkeling. Let us begin: New Orleans-been here twice before, once for Mardi Gra and once for a cruise. One in the spring and one in the fall. It was very pleasant during the first two times. New Orleans in August....Dont do it. Smells like an armpit, and you sweat at night like i have never done before. Go in spring or fall, very nice. Stayed at the marriot Courtyard for 149.00 inc taxes for park and cruise. Very convenient, you can walk to the cruise terminal if you wish. We dropped our bags off at 930 am, parked the car at the hotel and then walked to the riverwalk mall for a quick bite. entered the terminal at 1100, went through quickly until we waited for our sail and sign cards. That lasted an hour, was on board by 1230.

Ship-first time on the Triumph, first time balcony. I know why they only built two ships like this, very congested and made you feel crowded all the time. Been on Fantasy class ships before and never felt crowded. The lido deck set up was terrible for the regular shows they have on the lido deck. The did put in a giant screen so you could see the shows. It miserably hot the days at sea, and since the pools were shoulder to shoulder with people, i truly felt like i was in a huge bathtub, warm and thick it felt, i do not believe they continued to recycle the water out. The room was nice, but only get a balcony if you can get a deal, i do not it was worth the money. I really think this review would be different if i had gone in sept or oct, just to hot, i left 100 degree weather to go to 100 degree weather, but i knew it was going to be that way, my own fault.

Service-room steward was awesome. dining staff was great also.

Shows-something to do, but not as good as some i have seen before. I had Noonan the Cruise Director before on another ship, he is very good at what he does. Comedian was also good.

debarkation- great, self assist at 645, in my car at 715.

Sorry to be a bummer about this, but I think the weather and congested ship made cruising a bummer for me this time. I am going back to the fall and spring cruise, If i go in the summer again it will be to Alaska

Publication Date: 08/25/10