Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by voneuchre: Why cruise to hot from hot

voneuchre
Member Since 2008

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Why cruise to hot from hot

Sail Date: August 2010
Embarkation: New Orleans

Been on eight cruises before, all have been in the spring or fall. This is the first for me in the Summer. Why this is the busiest time for cruising is beyond me, but the water was warmer for snorkeling. Let us begin: New Orleans-been here twice before, once for Mardi Gra and once for a cruise. One in the spring and one in the fall. It was very pleasant during the first two times. New Orleans in August....Dont do it. Smells like an armpit, and you sweat at night like i have never done before. Go in spring or fall, very nice. Stayed at the marriot Courtyard for 149.00 inc taxes for park and cruise. Very convenient, you can walk to the cruise terminal if you wish. We dropped our bags off at 930 am, parked the car at the hotel and then walked to the riverwalk mall for a quick bite. entered the terminal at 1100, went through quickly until we waited for our sail and sign cards. That lasted an hour, was on board by 1230.

Ship-first time on the Triumph, first time balcony. I know More why they only built two ships like this, very congested and made you feel crowded all the time. Been on Fantasy class ships before and never felt crowded. The lido deck set up was terrible for the regular shows they have on the lido deck. The did put in a giant screen so you could see the shows. It miserably hot the days at sea, and since the pools were shoulder to shoulder with people, i truly felt like i was in a huge bathtub, warm and thick it felt, i do not believe they continued to recycle the water out. The room was nice, but only get a balcony if you can get a deal, i do not it was worth the money. I really think this review would be different if i had gone in sept or oct, just to hot, i left 100 degree weather to go to 100 degree weather, but i knew it was going to be that way, my own fault.

Service-room steward was awesome. dining staff was great also.

Shows-something to do, but not as good as some i have seen before. I had Noonan the Cruise Director before on another ship, he is very good at what he does. Comedian was also good.

debarkation- great, self assist at 645, in my car at 715.

Sorry to be a bummer about this, but I think the weather and congested ship made cruising a bummer for me this time. I am going back to the fall and spring cruise, If i go in the summer again it will be to Alaska Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Balcony Upper 2772

Cozumel-so commercialized, it was like stepping off the cruise ship to another cruise ship. last year we went on Manta Snorkeling, it included 2.5 hours of snorkeling at three different reefs, and unlimited drinks. But i heard so much about the Fury sponsored by carnival. No fun, get on boat, snorkel 45 minutes with 100 other people, one reef, get back on boat, drink lemonade that was supposed to be margaritas, go to the Fury beach for 45 minutes. Free drinks but guess what I bet your hungry after drinking and snorkeling, $9.00 please for a hamburger.

Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

Excursions-Progreso- I am really starting to like this place. Been there twice. I always take the bus, go to the beach to Buddys, great drinks and food. massages were great.

Read 283 Progreso Reviews