Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by kia1914

Cruise Date: August 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: JS
Entertainment 5+

RCL Freedom of Seas - Gave this Cruise Junky a needed Fix!!
I just got off the boat today and decided to write a review while still under the influence of the cruise high. My DW and I decide to ring in our 13th anniversary with a cruise. Unknown to her I sprang for a JS category and.........well let's just say it would not surprise me if we brought home a little souvenir, but what did surprise me was how wonderful and relaxing the Freedom of the Seas was. I honestly didn't think I would have anything to write home about, but what a nice blend between activities and peace and quiet. But anyway let's do this review thing:

Embarkation: Pretty straightforward and smooth. We are C&A platinum members and we had a suite so we had priority check-in. absolutely no problem there. Ship Appearance: Beautiful.....everything was spotless. Freedom is a beautiful ship. , that beauty was especially evident when we pulled up next to 'sub-zero refrigerator' of the seas the NCL Epic. Our captain joked that when we pulled up next to it we would see NCL passengers taking pictures of the Freedom and they were. We even did a shore excursion with some NCL Epic passengers and they commented on an unfavorable NCL experience. Anyway the Freedom was beautiful.

Entertainment: Top-notch. The Cruise Director Graham was hilarious. The production shows were top-notch. Especially good was the 'Once upon a time' show. It was so good we watched it twice. They had a young singer named Patti that was previously on the Marnier and Navigator that could just flat-out sang, not sing, but sang!! We also enjoyed the little intimate jazz set that the singers did as well. We did the Mystery Dinner Theatre and although it was corny, but we were not expecting academy performances, it was worth it I felt. Food: I thought the food was very good especially in the specialty restaurants. MDR was fair, but we do not have high expectations when you are cooking for thousands.

Room Attendants: Special shout out to Raymond who was our room attendant, very cool. Just a tip: I'm sure that the attendants would have done well anyway, but we always like to hit them up with a little tip before the cruise starts and tell them in advance we appreciate the good job they are going to do. It seems that it got us a little extra service. I think Raymond even gave us some perks he was not supposed too(like full breakfast\dinner menu) for a JS category and he always stopped whatever he was doing to help us immediately. Just a thought.....anyway he kept our room spotless and was very efficient.

Overall: This was a great cruise and has made us an RCL loyalist now. We are already planning our next cruise to Alaska. If you have never been on a cruise it is a no-brainer to sail on the Freedom and if you are a seasoned veteran I think you will be pleased as well.

Publication Date: 08/24/10