Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Dzul Ha

Spa & Fitness 5+
        10-12 3.0
        13-15 1.0

Carnival Legend - Western Caribbean
I had my doubts about Carnival as I had gone with Royal Carrib. and Norwegian prior to this cruise. NOT ANYMORE the family only, cheaper, less tasty food and sub-par shows were only in my mind. THIS WAS THE BEST CRUISE EVER> The food in the Truffles was the best in my life. The service was not to be missed. The staff and cabin stewards were friendly and trustworthy. The shows were Vegas quality.. juggler was great and funny... the hot jazz and New Orleans ones are not to be missed!!!

I tipped above the pre-paid gratuities.. worth every penny. Lots to do onboard or relax. Weather was perfect, seas calm.

Grand Cayman: is gorgeous. Snorkeled Cemetery reef (take your own stuff a shop right in Tampa has good prices.. DIVERS SUPPLY) then to Edens rock and shark alley (in the same spot). No need to book a tour... Taxi only.. within walking of the ship the latter two. Best on Earth, water and sea life..

Cozumel: I was told by the Coastal reef police not to feed the fish as the area is protected by I have never had such a sea life encounter as this. Right up to my mask. calm waters my 10 year old went in 30 feet of water and had just learned to swim..( paradise..)

Roatan , Honduras: BODDEN tours are the best, book with Victor ... outside the ship for 1/2 price. Channin was our guide all day for $25 usd per head. + a well deserved tip... Went a school for under privileged kids with a big donation of toys/supplies we had brought to them. Went to overlook area, for shops and a tour of the Island... his (Channin) uncle owns a ZOO and Zip-line thru the rain forest ..MONKEYS you can play with, they love cold water to drink.. get some!! Chance of a lifetime folks.. Birds, lemurs, and creatures never seen in US zoos and I have been to a bunch! Take "OFF" for a few bugs.. no biggie.. Snorkeled West bay at 1/2 moon bay.. decent coral and depths but the beach at Mahogany Bay next to ship might be better (I was told.) Buddy saw a BIG grouper there!

Belize City: yes, it is intimidating to go out of the port area, but we were there for the reefs anyway which means you have to get off the Yucatan Peninsula anyway! so we went to Fabulous Tours in the port area near the end of ther pier to the left.. and booked OUR OWN BOAT and found folks who had the ship tour cancelled due to lack of numbers at the last minute.. BEWARE.. your day could be gone if you fall for the expensive ship tour and they cancel you.. We left 1.5 hours BEFORE the ship tour was to leave which again did not... and paid $500 usd divided by 13 folks!! $38 bucks a head to do our private reef tour and Beach Break probably at the same remote island that the ship uses IF they had gone on their tour.. BBQ was great on Spanish Bay Lookout cape.. Folks running it are super nice not pushy about selling food and drinks.. and we stayed as long as WE WANTED TO.. not the tour telling us when we had to leave! Ran smack dab into a shark at Spanish bay while snorkeling.. How cool is that!? As you might know they do not bother you.. It swam all around the kids.. a 6 footer.We caught while snorkeling (and fried) and ate some Conch with lime and had a great time!! The Carnival Ship in sight.. (barely) the whole time!

The only bad note of the trip was a noisy room 1166 and 1162 that if I had done more research of the LEGEND ship layout I never would have booked below the pantry or a nightclub.. I was told by carnival that I was not below a disco but he left out the all night bowling sounds in the pantry!! GET OUT THERE FOLKS IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY and I will do this cruise again, Lord willing..

Publication Date: 08/23/10