Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by CruisingLPN: A nice getaway

A nice getaway

Sail Date: August 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

My family consists of myself(32), DH(33), and my 2 DDs (10,6). This was our second Carnival cruise, and our first on Fascination. We drove to Jacksonville, FL, which was a 13 hour drive. We arrived the evening before our cruise.

Embarkation seemed a bit slow. We arrived around 10:15 a.m. and were assigned zone 3. We still did not get called to board until after noon. They did say there were 4 weddings that day so that may have delayed things. We booked an inside cabin on the Riviera deck. Our girls love the pull down bunks. It was a little tight, but we knew to expect that from last year's cruise. Our room steward did a great job keeping our cabin clean. This was also the first deck that got called to debark, which came in handy with our long drive home.

The dining was great. I found that I chose to eat almost all the same foods as last year because I liked them so much. We had early seating, and our waiter was very good. We also tried breakfast in the MDR one morning, More but I didn't really care for that. Too slow I guess. My DH enjoyed the Mongolian Grill, and I liked the deli. My girls loved the ice cream. My girls spent some time at camp. My older DD won the Funship Freddy drawing contest. My younger DD enjoyed the dancing. During the day they wanted to be in the pool or at Waterworks. We tried to go early in the morning before the lines got too long. My DH and I enjoyed the 80's show, the comedy acts, and the marriage game. My older DD and I went to the towel animal class and had fun. My DH gambled $2 and won $26 at the slots, enough to pay our S&S bill.

Our two ports were Half Moon Cay and Nassau. It was a dreary day for HMC. After we tendered over to the island around 8:30 a.m. they had to stop tenders for about 45 minutes for safety reasons. That meant we had the beach practically to ourselves for the first hour. Nassau was hot and not really my cup of tea. We saw a couple of sights and did some souvenir shopping. We were back on the ship around 2:30. We enjoyed the less crowded ship and played mini golf.

Debarkation was very smooth. We were off the ship and headed for home before 8:30 a.m. Less

Published 08/22/10

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X