Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Sun Chaser: Norwegian Sun - Mexican Riviera

Norwegian Sun - Mexican Riviera

Sail Date: October 2004
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We have just returned from the 8 day Mexican cruise to the Mexican Riviera. This is a beautiful ship, but in my opinion....it just doesn't flow. The ports were great, the weather was very good, hot and sunny. However, Norwegian just doesn't get it! We will definitely not use this cruise line again.

The accommodations were adequate, small rooms for such an upgrade. The food was good at the beginning and bad by the end of the eight days. The buffet on the 12th floor was very cafeteria style food...nothing you really got excited about like on other cruise lines. It was tough like. I expected purple Jello...it is that low grade. The main dining room Versailles, food is better but the service is BAD BAD BAD. Two hours for breakfast...... The it's ice cold, and you can't get anyone to change it. We complained but it didn't help.

This is the first cruise I've been on that doesn't offer Lobster Tail, no Alaskan crab legs. Even the Baked Alaska is just a regular menu item. More There are no extras on this cruise line. Its all a big money grab. The Italian restaurant was a bit better in taste and service. We had sushi for lunch one day, it was OK but for the extra price they charge you, $12.50 each, you can get that anywhere.

The staff efforts seem to be placed on how to get guests to pay for everything. They have "Booze Police" that practically strip search you when you are boarding the ship. They aren't looking for weapons, or anything illegal, they just want your tequila. Will this make you buy their drinks on the ship? I think not!!! We complained, but it doesn't do anything. I think the staff has given up, and they don't really care.

The entertainment was OK. The magician was fun, the comedian was lousy. I think one of the very worst we've seen. He wasn't funny. They repeated 4 acts (twice each = 8 days).

Don't waste your money on this cruise line guys. There are several that are better. This one dollars you to death. They have taken the fun out of cruising. I won't go back! Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>