“Great Family Reunion Cruise to Eastern Caribbean”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas

lesponline Liberty of the Seas 4 Great Family Reunion Cruise to Eastern Caribbean
lesponline
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This won't be a long review, overall a great experience.

Cabin: We liked our deck 2 outside cabin, enough room for the four of us and our attendant was wonderful.

Dining: We found our waiter to be arrogant and quite obnoxious, i.e. insisting that we have our meat rare when we like it medium (and then having to send it back when it came in a bloody heap) Our Head Waiter was wonderful and handled our daughters nut allergy very well (unlike the waiter, who did not take it seriously at all). The food was good, not great, seemed to get better as the week went on, funnily enough. The loud (and annoying) announcements and parade of waiters 3 of the 7 nights was too much.

Adventure Ocean: My 6 year old found it to be far too structured (as did I). She just wanted to color or hang out with new friends but was forced to participate in the group activities, which included a lecture on germs and a terrifically boring looking ball game. (those were the two things I saw when picking her up) We only gave it two chances and perhaps just didn't have good luck with the time/activities, but when she pleaded not to have to go back, I agreed.

Ship and Facilities: fun, fun and more fun. The pools were great, although very crowded on sea days. The flowrider was awesome, as was minigolf, climbing wall, fitness facilities and the promenade. Loved the helipad early in the morning for a peaceful way to start the day. The Promenade was great. loved the shopping "deals" to be had every evening and the Ice Show and Up in the Air were wonderful.

Ports: LOVED Divi Little Bay resort in St. Martin. Uncrowded, gorgeous beach and just the right size of waves for my 4 and 6 year old to jump in. Went on a lovely tour of San Juan with Victor from Countryside Tours, 18 of us in a private bus for $400. Labadee was gorgeous but way too crowded for my taste. Embarkation and Disembarkation: Both were easy and well organized. Getting on took almost an hour from start to finish, but you keep moving through the process so it didn't seem that long. Getting off was very fast and efficient. We were off by 7:45 am.

Value for Money: this one I have a hard time with. This cruise was double what we have paid in the past and yes, the ship was superior, but was it worth twice the price? For our family, I would have to say no. My kids are at the age where any pool will keep them happy and they are not old enough to really enjoy the flowrider, climbing wall, etc. I would have traded better food and better service for some of these amenities in a minute.

Liberty of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Liberty of the Seas Review
Liberty of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?