Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by briankalish

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by briankalish
Oasis of the Seas
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Up and Oasis!!!
There are not enough words to explain the elation we felt on this ship. The pictures and videos we had seen hadn't prepared us for just how majestic this vessel really was. We drove over from Tampa, FL and was floored to find that the parking was a VERY short walk from the terminal. Checking the bags was a cinch and when we got inside the terminal, I forgot that I had my father's B-Day card on me...stamped ready to go. I asked one of the women ushering people to the lane to check in based on Deck Level if there was a post box. She said there wasn't but told me she would take it home and mail it for me. I took a chance and ya know what....I found out that not only did she mail it, but my father got it 2 days short of his B-day. This was a good sign of things to come.

We checked in and it was a breeze, then found out we could have boarded at around 9am...it was 12pm. Anyhoo...we went up the esculator and onto the gangway and before we knew it...we were on the largest cruise ship in the ocean. It was like entering a different world. There was a GREAT pizza joint, a coffee bar that made the best Frapaccinos ever...and they use Starbucks coffee. Remember, all the treats are free and so is standard coffee...but you will pay for specialty items like blended drinks. So what, you're on vacation...live a little.

We got to our room and found that we had a king size bed and adjustable temp controls. Our room steward, Rupesh, was helping us right away and was a great guy. Anything we needed, he was quick to accommotated. The bathroom is small, but very functional and the shower was just enough with a clam shell design. The body wash was great!

The dining room was amazing and the food was top notch as well! We had Jimmy and Eduardo for our servers since we bounced back and forth because of the My Time Dining. That's the down side of that. You can request a server if they have a table, but if not...you take your chances. We were lucky to have a table for 2 every night. I can't say enough about the dining experience...you have to try it yourself to know what I am talking about.

The shows were great and yes, the Aquatheater was closed, but they credited everyone on board with $100 ship board credit and flew in from L.A. to Cozumel an Abba impersonating great that was sooooooo good, if you closed your eyes, you would SWEAR Abba was on board. They were called Abbacadabra and it was awesome. Come fly with me was an amazing show and the dancing was superb. We saw the ice show and saw 4 skaters bite the ice...it was still a cute show, though.

The drinks were strong and they skimped on nothing on this ship. If you want something...you got it!!!!

The shopping was fun and not a rip off as a lot of people think. There were great deals to be had. If you wanna get your moneys worth at the bar, go to Boleros and the Irish Pub rather than buying drinks from wandering guys with trays.

What can I say, Chops was wonderful and we were referred to our server, Pretesch from another family that had sailed...and they were right...Pretesch was great in Chops!!! If you go, tell him Brian and Angie send their regards.

We know how hard these people work on this ship...over 14 hrs a day. We had to straighten out some passengers that were being rude to the staff. So, remember, these folkes are away from their families and working hard to keep a smile on your face. Show them some levity and kindness, and you will receive it back 10 fold...trust me!

Disembarking was just as easy as getting on the ship. We docked at around 7am, and we left the boat at 8:30am....it's a snap and customs was quick to have us move ahead.

We will NEVER forget this trip and we even booked the Allure of the Seas for April 2012 while on the Oasis.

So, step on board and be prepared to be swept up, up and Oa-sis!

Publication Date: 08/19/10