Crown Princess Cruise Review by k1950m

Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: BA
Cabin Number: a341
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Iceland & Norway...July 2010 different take
I won't repeat what the last reviewer said about this trip to Iceland and NOrway from Southhampton. Pretty much I agree with this report: here are some different comments > Although I didn't particularly love the places we visited, I did love this cruise, it was my first, and I am not a cruise type person...... I travel a lot, and since I travel alone generally.. cruises don't work financially. I am 55, and single. As for this trip... 2/3 of the boat was 70-80 yrs old... or appeared to be, and were couples. Most passangers were British. we opted for anytime dining and shared tables. 10 out of the 12 nights, the dinner conversation consisted of the others comparing their ( very numerous) cruises and experiences. Sometimes, they seemed to be in competition.This was a vey affluent group . 9these are all things that prospective travelers should know0

the formal dinners were amazing and have spoiled me for local restaurants. I have nothing but praise for the Princess staff, the kitchen, the dining room personell and the menus. I am almost sorry that this was my first cruise as I believe it will be a hard act to follow..........

Iceland/Norway... expensive ! the forays into town can be cheaper with a sandwich from the boat..and also, there is little time to visit so this saves the cafe time. The excursions from the boat cost double what you'd pay if you book from a local port travel service or online before you go. many times tours around town on a bus etc.... are avail right there as you get off the boat.. for even less than 1/2 . If money is no issue, just book through boat..why not. I did bring two large bottles of wine with me in my suitcase..kept them in the in room refrig..... it is within the princess guidelines.. I asked my steward for a corkscrew as mine broke..and wine glasses..There is a tip structure of $ 10.50 per day charged to your onboard credit card for service. We gave our steward another tip as well. Drinks were mostly $ 6.50 or so... you can save money with a wine card/or a coffee card... I ordered room service often for breakfast..it is continental but it is nice to have coffee in the room as you get ready for the day with a balcony.. it was too chilly to enjoy the balcony for about half the trip. each room has a hairdryer.. nice bathroom, I was happy with my room size and storage and safe. And, now..although " I am not a cruise persoN" I find myself surfing the net looking for more of these 'ESCAPES"

Publication Date: 08/17/10