Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by biziasabee: Our very first cruise!

biziasabee
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Our very first cruise!

Sail Date: August 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We had never taken a cruise and we decided to go with a couple of our friends who cruise regularly. We booked the cruise 6 months in advance and at the last minute our friends had to cancel due to a death in the family. So now here we are first time cruisers who had no clue about cruising. I did an internet search about cruising and found cruise critic, I learned so much that our experience on the cruise was fantastic. Ok, now to get to the cruise.

We got to the port around 1 p.m. only had to wait about 20 minutes or so in the security line and then checked in really fast. We were able to go straight to our cabin and check it out and then we walked, and walked, and walked some more. We got our bearings and figured out the ship and then went to eat in the Windjammer, considering it was buffet style food it was very good perhaps too good. Good thing there is a wonderful gym to workout in.

We had a wonderful time exploring the ship and time just flew by, time to get More ready for dinner. We like the early seating at 6, we ate in Galileo's and had a wonderful set of new friends to talk to about their cruises and port experiences.

Our first stop was Coco-Cay Bahamas. The tendering was terribly long and the island was really too small for that many people. Sorry but if I do Eastern again I will be staying on the ship.

Next port was St. Thomas; we did an island tour and it was quite beautiful. I really wish the ships could do overnight stays in each port to give us more time to explore.

The next day we were in St. Martin and we just walked the town. We are very budget concious so another tour was out of budget. We would like to go back one day and see more of the island.

Our time onboard Freedom of the Seas was fantastic. I loved the entertainment, the peace, my husband really enjoyed the Flowrider and I attempted the rock climbing wall. Too bad I'm scared of heights, I looked down at about half way up and lost my legs so went back down. I'm going to try again in two weeks - wish me luck!

This was my first attempt at a review but we loved the Freedom so much we are going again for our 26th anniversary. Watch out Freedom, here we come. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>