Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by cruise candy

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by cruise candy
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: cruise candy
Cruise Date: July 2010
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Bam! Celebrity Solstice Needs to Kick it Up a Notch!
A week away, in the sun, and away from my family obligations...of course I had a good time!

Enjoyed one week cruise on Celebrity Solstice. Very clean ship with good signage, excellent service and good food. Bread, cookies, and fresh fruit were excellent in the Ocean View Cafe. Dinners in the dining room were hit and miss, but waiter and assistant waiter (the wonderful Stasha) were eager to please.

Entertainment and the cruise director (Paul) were lacking. Attended the Newlywed Game, Hot Glass Show, the Cirque style show, and a few other musical type shows, the 70's Dance Party and Karaoke. Not enough seating in the showroom and shows were only 45 mins. long. Hardly worth the effort to get there! Only one galley tour. Overslept that first morning and it was never offered again. Of course, when I mentioned a second tour to Cruise Director, Paul, he couldn't be bothered.

Cabin was niece st of any ship that I have been on. Prior cruises include two Carnival Ships, one Royal Caribbean and one Norwegian (worst food ever was on Norwegian Sun). Comfortable beds, well designed bathroom with lots of storage and plenty of storage in room. We had a problem with our room safe and security immediately came and opened it for us.

Elevators were pretty fast and I didn't take the steps as much as I planned since the elevators were efficient. Employees were always saying Hi or Good Morning when I passed.

Dress code was pretty much anything goes. I was dressed extremely casually, my friend was not. We were both made to feel welcome regardless of our attire.

Extremely fast embarkation. We were to assemble in the dining room at 9:30 a.m. to disembark. We stayed in our cabin until 9:20 a.m. Arrived in the dining room and shortly thereafter left the ship. Customs was a breeze--easier than any other time I have left the country.

Never had to use my i.d. to get on and off the ship. Just used my SeaPass card. When you first arrive they take a photo of you and that photo is stored in the ship's computer. When you insert your SeaPass, your photo shows up and the security employee will refer you to by your first name and wish you a good day. Found security officers to be very pleasant as well.

It rained at least a little bit every day of the cruise and I got used to getting soaking wet!

Took the $2.50 public mini bus to the beach in Grand Cayman.

Went to Nachi CoCom in Cozumel and enjoyed the pretty beach and good service at this all inclusive resort.

Loved the Ruins and Lagoon Tour with The Native Choice in Costa Maya. Costa Maya is still recovering from the hurricane and the destruction of all of these trees on the way to and from the ship is evident. Wish I had allocated more time in Mahahual and gotten there a bit earlier in the day. Looked like a fun beach with shopping and activities--oh well...next time.

In Roatan, walked around Coxen Hole and even checked out the local grocery store. The worst selection of produce I have ever seen. People in the street approached me wanting to take me on a taxi tour. They weren't aggressive, just persistent and you need to be good at saying no. I am. Enjoyed the wonderful snorkeling at Tabyana Beach and the kayaks.

Not many children and college students on this cruise which I liked. Most people were older and educated. Unlike Carnival, there wasn't a beer bong in sight!!

Would try Celebrity again, but not Solstice. Ship's pools were too small, lawn area was a waste of space and not enough activities even for this old lady of 45.

If you want an affordable, quiet and relaxing vacation on the water with good food and good service then this Cruise is for you. Bring lots of books and your I-Pod as you will need to amuse yourself.

Publication Date: 08/14/10