Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by nido

Cruise Date: May 2010
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 12
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Service Not Rated
Rates 5+

Dream Cruise, a Phantom!

Equinox May 3 to the Mediterranean, the Trip of our dreams, a nightmare.

On May 8 almost at the middle of our cruise, we were given a formal invitation to a party by the Captain´s Club Host with the boat´s Officers and not allowed to enter to this event, even when we presented our invitation and sent away in front of all the people gathered at the entrance of the hall.

Four days later, when leaving the boat in Naples, I recognized the crew member who told us we could not get in the party, I asked his name and he would not give it to me. Then I tried to get close to read his name tag and he started yelling "Security, security!" in the gangway in front of a large group of passengers as if we were delinquents. Both of these events are completely unacceptable.

Those involved in this problem has asked me what do we want. In the Equinox, Ms Cochon, Ms Janet, the lady in charge of Guest Relations, and here in Chile, the Customer Service Supervisor.

As we have never been exposed to such derogating behavior by others in our lives and as a result being exposed to moral and psychological damage, I have no answer to what is a reasonable behavior from the company to repair the damage done. Nevertheless, as this may occur (hopefully not often) in cruises, I am positive there is a precedent of how the company should morally or legally respond.We always hope that the world will run with moral standards. That is how we expect to be treated. If someone else would have been mistreated this way, I am positive the cruise line would have responded differently, or in another cruise line they would have had taken responsibility.

I was forwarded a standard letter addressed to our local Celebrity Representative signed by Ms.Marcela Abel, International Customer Service who in a nutshell states in a very well mannered way that the company is sorry and that they ..."do not condone any acts of prejudice and that any display of uncooperative or unprofessional behavior by our staff will not be tolerated." And, what about us?

Three months later there is no answer to the problem Celebrity CL has generated.

What we had planned and saved for as a wonderful cruise for so long, becomes a phantom. I would like to put and end to this and wait for a real down to earth company´s answer.

Did forget to mention that we were offered a half day free tour (which we did not accept, thank you,) and that we were given a pouch like those left behind when you fly Business as to repair the damage done. This is like giving a piece of chocolate to a child after he has been verbally abused in front of his classmates. Unacceptable.

Cyril Christensen Caulin, Island of Chiloe Chile