Costa Deliziosa 4

“Ruby Anniversary Cruise”
Cruise review of Costa Deliziosa

D Cooper

Overall Member Rating

We are seasoned cruisers and have been lucky enough to experience many cruises. This cruise appealed to us because we wanted to experience Costa Cruises and with the added bonus of a new ship.

Our travel To Dubai Port was from London Heathrow with Royal Brunei Airways and was uneventful and also unworthy of any positive comment. The transfer to the ship was pretty awful and unorganised. I think we have to forgive this because of innovation. we did not use any overnight hotel in Dubai.

The Costa Deliziosa was very impressive in appearance and one could tell that the furnishings were all top shelf. Our Embarkation was very smooth and gave one a feeling of security and professionalism.

The port and shore excursions were many and varied and if you wanted to pay through the nose for these they were freely available. However if you wanted to do your own thing without being herded and have numbers stuck on you, you could also please yourself. My favourite is: More Taxi ! follow that bus.You must remember that the organised tours are provided to earn the company money.

The entertainment and facilities were varied and of a good standard, although the thing that I was looking forward to experiencing Formula 1 simulator was broken for the whole cruise. Got to put that down to teething troubles.

Our stateroom and cabin service were the best that we have ever had and for that reason alone we would revisit this ship.

The dining experience as far as we were concerned left a lot to be desired but that is not to say that the food quality was poor.

Our disembarkation went smoothly and was stress free.

Overall this cruise was good value and attention to all detail via the purser's office was satisfactory. If I could improve this cruise in any way I would be hard pressed. I had expected quite a few hiccups because this is a new ship but they did not materialise. Full marks to Costa with this new cruiser. Less

Costa Deliziosa Cruises to the Middle East

Published 08/14/10

Read Cruise Critic's Costa Deliziosa Review

Costa Deliziosa Cruises to the Middle East

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?