Ventura Cruise Review by Carol Steels

Cruise Date: May 2010
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: LC
See More About: Ventura Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Ventura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ventura Deck Plans
Adventure on the Ventura
How many times have you heard 'you'll be fine' - 'you'll not really be alone' and inside you are dreading people finding out that you are travelling on you own. It took me a couple of years to find out that it's not so bad especially when you cruise.

The Ventura sailed from Southampton so no flying and just a short journey with a very heavy case I boarded ship. From the time I boarded I felt a huge sense of freedom - so much to do and see and you had the choice to do it all or do nothing. It was a last minute decision so no excursions had been arranged but I had time to decide where I went and what I did and after speaking to people about their experiences I made better choices. I visited six places that you'd never be able to do in two weeks, met some very interesting people, had so much choice of food I was never hungry. I was allocated a table of 10 people all of whom were older than me but each evening we'd come together and share the days events or recommend trips etc. I had the choice of joining them or doing my own thing. The staff were brilliant - courteous and efficient.

I had a great time, relaxed on the sunny deck, visited loads of lovely places, tried lots of different foods and felt recharged. The schedule of activities were varied and I was grateful that there was a news letter containing the next days events as I used this to plan my next day. A real voyage of discovery for me in more ways than one.

Publication Date: 08/14/10