Ventura 5

“Adventure on the Ventura”
Cruise review of P&O Ventura

Carol Steels

Overall Member Rating

How many times have you heard 'you'll be fine' - 'you'll not really be alone' and inside you are dreading people finding out that you are travelling on you own. It took me a couple of years to find out that it's not so bad especially when you cruise.

The Ventura sailed from Southampton so no flying and just a short journey with a very heavy case I boarded ship. From the time I boarded I felt a huge sense of freedom - so much to do and see and you had the choice to do it all or do nothing. It was a last minute decision so no excursions had been arranged but I had time to decide where I went and what I did and after speaking to people about their experiences I made better choices. I visited six places that you'd never be able to do in two weeks, met some very interesting people, had so much choice of food I was never hungry. I was allocated a table of 10 people all of whom were older than me but each evening we'd come together and share the days events or recommend trips More etc. I had the choice of joining them or doing my own thing. The staff were brilliant - courteous and efficient.

I had a great time, relaxed on the sunny deck, visited loads of lovely places, tried lots of different foods and felt recharged. The schedule of activities were varied and I was grateful that there was a news letter containing the next days events as I used this to plan my next day. A real voyage of discovery for me in more ways than one. Less

Ventura Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Outside Twin with Shower

LC
No complaints - was only me so had plenty of room but paid the price for travelling alone...

Published 08/14/10

Read Cruise Critic's Ventura Review

Ventura Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?