Carnival Glory Cruise Review by PM Cruisers: Feeling Groovy? Not Really.....

PM Cruisers
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Canada & New England Cruises

Feeling Groovy? Not Really.....

Sail Date: August 2010
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was my 10th cruise, the 3rd on Carnival. The cruise was an extension of a NYC business trip. We were hoping for a relaxing cruise but were a bit disappointed as this cruise was sold as the "groove cruise". The majority of the people on the cruise were young people looking to party. I believe there were multiple all-night private parties. This wasn't a huge issue for us as we were experienced enough to avoid the drunken crowds...however, I did feel sorry for people with young children or older parents as it was impossible to enjoy the open deck areas.

Ship - This is a nice ship. Clean and maintained.

Cabin - We enjoyed the suite with a nice balcony. My son stayed in an inside room and it was very, very small. The hallway noise was terrible. People were running through the halls all night...seriously...until we got up at 7am. This is the first cruise where I was up before people had gone to bed.

Food - Buffet was just OK...at best. The cafeteria at my More office has better food. Stay away if you hate the cafeteria smell...those who are bothered know what I mean. We were in the Platinum dining room and it was good. Not the quality of Celebrity, NCL, Princess or HAL...but fine for the price we paid for the cruise.

Entertainment - Don't expect much on a 4 day cruise. There is really just one good night for shows...the others are just repeats. If you aren't into bars...there isn't much to do. The experience made me think of what it would be like to go to a 4 day wedding reception.

Overall - We enjoyed our suite with the balcony. If we didn't have the suite room I think we would have been very unhappy with the drunk crowds. We get up early and many people were still up and drinking at 6am. Many young people took sheets off the beds and slept in the common areas. We didn't let it bother us due to the short cruise and price...but it was a bit much. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Suite Empress 7230

Very nice - large cabin with balcony. Hallway was very, very noisy. People were running down the halls yelling all night... seriously

Nice place - Very clean and friendly.