Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by Michael: Not so happy first time cruise

Legend of the Seas 4
Michael
Member Since 2001

Compare Prices on Legend of the Seas Asia Cruises

Not so happy first time cruise

Sail Date: November 2009
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Dubai

Our first time cruise aboard the R C I Legend of the Seas left my wife and I with mixed views about cruising again. The good points were, the staff in the main restaurant could not do enough for you And food was good. Our room was clean and well presented.

The not so good was, the pool was small, the jogging track around the main deck Area can somewhat be problematic due to people running round the deck of which You had to look out for, the sun loungers are light and flimsy which resulted In a sudden gust of wind the back flew up and hit me in the eye which I Ended up with a cut and bruised eye, on reporting the incident I found the staff Unsympathetic and if I wanted to see a Doctor it would be at my expense!

The entertainment was poor, apart from two acts, drinks on board were very expensive, example; a bottle of standard wine cost 23 Dollars.

The formal nights were a big letdown, most of people dressed up for the occasion I.e. dinner suit and evening More dress, however some people turned up in shorts and tee shirts we felt was inappropriate for the evening. After the evening meal It was to the theatre to watch an act, that was the sum total of the formal night. Less

Published 08/12/10

Read more Legend of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Legend of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: L

The room was central to the ship, small however functional

Outside port area dirty smelly uninviting, returned within 1hour.

Singapore was the best port of the cruise a fascinating place to see, great to eat out, people very friendly, would have liked to spend more time there.

Skip X