Ventura Cruise Review by 00brookest

Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: OC
See More About: Ventura Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Ventura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ventura Deck Plans
Ventura a venture never forgotten
Myself and three friends are currently university students who took a gap year so had a fair amount of money saved. We want to be able to travel but not do it rough and neither are we clubbers so a traditional "student" holiday is not at all what we were looking for. I myself had been on a cruise the year before with my girlfriend and three times before with my parents - so pretty knowledgeable.

We got the train to Southampton and got a taxi to the port - very easy and then from there the suitcases were unloaded and within an hour we were on the ship having lunch. The atrium of the ship is not as impressive as in Oceana or Aurora - but nothing bad indeed. The decor has a modern feel and was very well looked after while on board - continuously polishing and cleaning.

The food was amazing, I could not fault it one bit. There is a vast array of choice at all meal times, the only gripe was with the layout of the Waterside buffet court which was a little small. The room service food was very good as well, with a reasonable choice that was free. Furthermore, the service as a whole was top notch - nothing more to say.

We did not partake in any daytime activity but there was plenty to do and the on board shows were very good, they are not outstanding West End production but good enough to sit down and enjoy. There was a comedian who we didn't find funny, but that is personal taste.

Overall and excellent holiday - saving up my student pennies for another one soon. One port i went too that I can scroll down and choose is Alicante - it was ok, not very scenic nor much to do, but if you wanted a beach day or shopping day then this is a good port.

Publication Date: 08/13/10