Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Karen Spero

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Karen Spero
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: Karen Spero
Cruise Date: February 2005
Cabin Category: L
See More About: Explorer of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

A Three Generation Family Holiday
What a wonderful experience and memory for 17 of us to celebrate altogether my parents golden wedding anniversary. There were my parents, their children (3 daughters) with their husbands and 8 grandchildren and 1 grandchild in law. For my parents it was the ultimate that they were both blessed with good health and able to have an amazing holiday with their nearest and dearest.

The Explorer of the Seas made our holiday. It had everything to suit all generations. This all started with the flight and then the stay in the Hilton near the airport. For my daughter-in-law and one of my sisters, my brother-in-law, nephews and niece this was a totally new experience for a holiday. From the first moment we stepped on board it was a dream for all of us.

Having been on a number of Royal Caribbean cruises myself I could not get over the fun of the Promenade deck to the ice skating arena and all the other forms of activities. My parents who had been Captains of their golf club and had won many cups brought a few of these with and we all teamed up to win the cups on the crazy golf on the top deck. This was a great success and it took all week to go through the competition.

The evenings were great and dinner was fantastic as your restaurant staff made an extra effort to put us all on one table. All of us enjoyed the Johnny Rockets and the frozen yogurt's around the ship. The entertainment in the evening was great and those of us old enough rounded it up with a little flutter in the casino.

The cabins were spotless and every evening when we went to bed it was surprise to see how the cabin steward had designed a towel in different animal shapes. The stops were great and we only went to the beach and swam in the wonderful clear Caribbean sea. I was also extremely impressed with the competency of your staff at embarkation and disembarkation.

On behalf of my family I can only thank Royal Caribbean for making such a memorable holiday, something all of us will never forget for the rest of our lives. Finally, since this cruise we are now proud grandparents of two grandchildren, they have seen the DVD's of our special holidays and cannot wait for their parents or us to take them on a Royal Caribbean adventure they will never forget.

Publication Date: 08/13/10