Costa Victoria Cruise Review by Therese O'Connor: Costa Little Cruise!

Therese O'Connor
0 Post

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Costa Victoria Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Costa Little Cruise!

Sail Date: September 2009
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

I took my mam on a cruise last year as we wanted a holiday and had never been cruising. We flew from Dublin to London and then stayed overnight in a hotel in London before we flew out to Venice. I had been to Venice before but had flown To Bergamo on that occasion which was a bit of a nuisance as it was not a direct journey to get to Venice from there!

We embarked in Venice after a trip from the airport on a speed boat! What wonderful views of the area we got! the embarkation was so straight forward and organised it was great to hand over the bags and then have them in the cabin when we got to it!

The Ship was well organised and signposted well. There were different styles of decor in the various bars and restaurants which was lovely. We chose to eat in the Top Deck restaurant on two occasions as a treat! We had a ball - the food was gorgeous - the staff were wonderful - they had lovely manners and paid great attention to detail.

We took advantage of the More spa and pool facilities on more than one occasion! We did an excursion on every day except the first one! It was great to see the best bits of each port in an organised way. We went to the theatre every night and had a few cocktails also! The different bars had selections of entertainment which was a change to being stuck with the same entertainment when out at home!!

I would totally cruise again. Less

Read more Costa Victoria cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Victoria Review >>

I loved the tour we did here - I got to see the Acropolis and Temple of Zeus etc that we had only done in school! I didnt think so much would be renovated and actually still standing. Seemingly traffic can be bad here - so get up early and head into town if you want to see everything!!!

I loved this stop off also - plenty to see, we did a tour but others took a taxi to the beach, which was pretty expensive.

Read 269 Corfu Reviews

Great city - we did the tour around the walls - we had wonderful weather and it was amazing to see the city from the sea. There is a different currency here - 8 to 1 or something!

This was a wonderful stop as the little village is quite confusing- built on purpose to confuse the many pirates who raided the place. We had a meal as part of our tour which was great as we got to try the local food.

Read 375 Mykonos Reviews

I loved this stop as there were donkeys which could take you back to the boarding boat - the journey did look a little high speed - we were actually told it was not for the faint hearted as the donkeys were hungry and only got fed at the bottom - hence their high speed hair raising trip! I took the cable car in the end! the little streets were beautiful and there were loads of craft shops and places to eat.

(5.5)
I loved Venice, we did the gondola tour which was lovely and relaxing. There is so much to see all around. I would highly recommend a coffee / drink in St Marks square - but do be prepared to pay for it - the orchestra costs are included in the price fo the food and drinks - if you want to eat got to the streets off St Marks Square which are much cheaper. We ate at the restaurant at Rialto Bridge - wonderful food there!

Read 504 Venice Reviews