Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by carolee 53: Celebrity have got it all back to front

carolee 53
0 Post

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Celebrity have got it all back to front

Sail Date: July 2010
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

First time to sail from British Port and what a wonderful experience, arrived at Southampton, porters took luggage, we parked the car and straight on to the ship, no queuing, fantastic.

On Arrival we had a quick look round the boat and then had a drink before the announcement that our cabins were ready, we went to unpack, the cabins were very nice, not much drawer space though, plenty of wardrobe space and a spacious Shower, so overall very pleased.

Had afternoon tea from the Ocean cafe, which seemed very nice. Later changed for dinner and went to the Sonata dining room food in here throughout holiday was top class, not one complaint-service at times was pretty slow and wine waitress did not ask if we would like any more wine after pouring the first glass throughout the holiday! and sometimes if the service was slow we would have liked to be offered another glass of wine.

Breakfast in the Ocean Cafe, good selection but everything was always lukewarm, so More by the time you sat down to eat it was always cold, so disappointed with this. Also one night we decided not to go to main dining room and have our main meal from the Ocean cafe the evening selection was very poor and again lukewarm.

We went to a few shows, but found them to be quite unprofessional or too rushed, they only go on for 45 minutes and we found the acts tried to put in as much as possible which made it look very amateurish.

When we were at sea we spent quite a lot of time by the pool, they had background music on one particular day, it was Jazz piano playing very loud and absolutely awful every passenger was complaining and holding their ears!

We used the sky bar on deck 14 quite often for pre dinner and after dinner drinks. Before dinner mostly it was dance classes (most other cruises I have been on hold these during the day). Light entertainment like play your cards right, catchphrase, quizzes etc were on in the afternoon, when most people are round the pool, I suggest Celebrity review this as they would have a much bigger audience in the evening for light entertainment and would have been nice to have quizzes around the pool.( I know these things aren't everyone's idea of fun, but would rather watch these than a few people trying to learn to dance) I took my Dad to bingo one afternoon $30 for a book of 6 and only 4 games played scandalous!

We had an overnight stay in Palma, so everyone got off the ship to go out for the evening, this was the night they had a deck party!! surely much better to hold this on an evening the ship is at sea.

The CD of the cruise was on sale for $349.50 (needless to say we didn't buy it)

The spectacular buffet held on most ships at midnight was at 9.30am!!

Overall we had a fantastic holiday, met lots of people and wish I was still there, but I don't think I would travel with Celebrity again as I much prefer the Royal Caribbean. Definitely recommend the drinks package as would have spent a lot more had we not purchased it Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse Deluxe Ocean View W/Veranda Continental Deck (6) 6198

We booked a balcony cabin as my dad smokes, but you are not allowed to smoke on Balconies so it was a waste of money

Good supply of taxis outside or can use shuttle bus

Very chaotic at port and so decided to walk into town, which was quite a way

(5.5)
Used Celebrity shuttle bus, very convenient

Read 281 Lisbon Reviews

Excellent choice of buses and taxis outside

(5)
Town was in walking distance

Read 202 Vigo Reviews