Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Lillyflowr95: Carnival Victory - Southern Caribbean

Lillyflowr95
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Southern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Victory - Southern Caribbean

Sail Date: July 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

Upon arriving in San Juan, we got a taxi pretty quick to the port. It cost $19, plus $1 per suitcase... so $23 for us, plus tip. We didn't used porter, and we definitely didn't need one. it was a short walk, under a shaded entrance way, and upon entering... our luggage was taken at the door. Once on the ship,Carnival Victory, we went to check out our room, it wasn't ready but our cabin steward, let us put our carry on luggage, and laptop in the room and use the safe for my purse, since we had no need to carry it.

This cruise was at full capacity, and is showed!! Kids EVERYWHERE!!! RUDE people EVERYWHERE!! People EVERYWHERE, lines EVERYWHERE, ALL DAY!!!! I recommend using sit down breakfasts and lunches, otherwise plan on waiting in the line. We were served faster going to the restaurants!!

Adult pool, full of kids..., no one kicked them out!! They were using my shoulders as a wall to get around the pool. It was outrageous! Garbage everywhere!! i even watched a lady More mopping around the adult pool, use her mop to push the garbage around rather than pick it up!!

I have only cruised Carnival, this was my eighth cruise with them, and I am not sure I am going back. They cut out the cocktail hour with the captain. Instead $1 off the drinks and he is walking around the casino... my daughter wasn't with me this time, but she cant go in there to meet and greet.... They also cut out the midnight gala buffet. I always look forward to taking pictures of that, and looking at all the beautiful artwork done with fruits and veggies... not on this cruise, no such thing. Finally, i have also saved the little pins of the ship, that we received because we were past guests... and they cut them too!! How much could they cost a nickel? What bare they going to cut next???

Our room- We booked an extended balcony, because this was our honeymoon, and we enjoy sitting on the balcony for the privacy... well, our room wasn't the one we were looking for...I was laying in bed while my husband was putting his clothes away from the suitcase, and i had a little girls head ;looking over our balcony wall. There was NO privacy, so we had a week with a dark room, with curtains closed!! The balcony on the Aft, had angled walls so anyone can look over.... not recommended!!!

The ports made this cruise, not Carnival for sure!!! Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Balcony Empress 7433

Amble closet space, drawers, etc. Angled balcony, easy for someone to look over walls, no privacy. The room is across from service closet, so very loud early mornings, and through the evenings. Bathroom was as good as could be expected....

We didn't plan an excursion here, but we got off the ship to go shopping. I recommend going past the terminals shops and meeting the locals!! The terminals are all owned and operated my Indians...not locals. The Indians refuse to sell local products!!! GO past the terminals, and the locals are quaint, people, that have inexpensive beautiful stuff!!!!

Read 704 Barbados Reviews

We toured with Woody, Off the Beaten Trail Tours. AMAZING!!!! This guy is wonderful!! We went up in the rain forest to water falls, sampled local fruits, nuts, breads, etc... we went to three different beaches, one of them we snorkeled, swam, played Frisbee and just relaxed. This was the most beautiful private beach. We had to off road to get down to it, only 3 other people on it!! We saw almost the whole island, it was the best!!!

Read 491 Dominica Reviews

Beautiful!! Walking tour only, but beautiful!!

Rainy day... got off the ship did quick shopping, and then returned. We were on our honeymoon, so down time was nice!! By time we got out of our wet clothes after shopping, we decided to do laundry, because we were staying at the Rio Mar in San Juan for 4 days after the cruise. We started laundry on the ship... $3 to was and $3 to dry, but it took 2x to dry.. so $18 to do two loads!! Either way the sun had come out and we were up and down to the Adult pool every 45 min to get the laundry done.

We tour the island on our way to Orient Beach. That was a fun lively beach! Massages, music, drinks... busy busy.. but loved it all!! Water was clear, beaches were clean...what else can you ask for?

Getting on and off the ship was always easy. Here we went to Secret Harbour Resort. Taxi each way for the two of us was $18.. but well worth it!! The resort welcomed you with open arms. We went down to the beach and the woman from the dive shop welcomed us. She rented us chairs for $5 each, gave us snorkeling tips and sent us on our way. Great people, great snorkeling, beautifully clean beach and crystal clear water!!! Can't wait to go back, we even discussed staying here for our next vacation!

Read 2332 St. Thomas Reviews