Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Lillyflowr95

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Lillyflowr95
Carnival Victory
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 8G
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

Carnival Victory - Southern Caribbean
Upon arriving in San Juan, we got a taxi pretty quick to the port. It cost $19, plus $1 per suitcase... so $23 for us, plus tip. We didn't used porter, and we definitely didn't need one. it was a short walk, under a shaded entrance way, and upon entering... our luggage was taken at the door. Once on the ship,Carnival Victory, we went to check out our room, it wasn't ready but our cabin steward, let us put our carry on luggage, and laptop in the room and use the safe for my purse, since we had no need to carry it.

This cruise was at full capacity, and is showed!! Kids EVERYWHERE!!! RUDE people EVERYWHERE!! People EVERYWHERE, lines EVERYWHERE, ALL DAY!!!! I recommend using sit down breakfasts and lunches, otherwise plan on waiting in the line. We were served faster going to the restaurants!!

Adult pool, full of kids..., no one kicked them out!! They were using my shoulders as a wall to get around the pool. It was outrageous! Garbage everywhere!! i even watched a lady mopping around the adult pool, use her mop to push the garbage around rather than pick it up!!

I have only cruised Carnival, this was my eighth cruise with them, and I am not sure I am going back. They cut out the cocktail hour with the captain. Instead $1 off the drinks and he is walking around the casino... my daughter wasn't with me this time, but she cant go in there to meet and greet.... They also cut out the midnight gala buffet. I always look forward to taking pictures of that, and looking at all the beautiful artwork done with fruits and veggies... not on this cruise, no such thing. Finally, i have also saved the little pins of the ship, that we received because we were past guests... and they cut them too!! How much could they cost a nickel? What bare they going to cut next???

Our room- We booked an extended balcony, because this was our honeymoon, and we enjoy sitting on the balcony for the privacy... well, our room wasn't the one we were looking for...I was laying in bed while my husband was putting his clothes away from the suitcase, and i had a little girls head ;looking over our balcony wall. There was NO privacy, so we had a week with a dark room, with curtains closed!! The balcony on the Aft, had angled walls so anyone can look over.... not recommended!!!

The ports made this cruise, not Carnival for sure!!!

Publication Date: 08/12/10