Carnival Dream Cruise Review by o09523: MY Dream Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

MY Dream Cruise

Sail Date: July 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Your comments were: Departed on the 23 of July on Delta Airlines arriving in Orlando. Used AAA Access Transportation to Cape Canaveral. They were an hour late picking us up, so I would not recommend using them. Stayed at the Marriot Residence Inn in a 2 king bed suite that slept 8 for about $152.00 for the night. Rented a van from Hertz, which is on the same property as the hotel.

On Saturday, 24 July turned in the rental car at 10:30 am and Hertz's transported the entire family for free to the pier. The embarkation process was very smooth. We started the in-processing at 11:00 am and were on the lido deck by 12:00 PM having lunch. Had an 8P SAP cat room on the 11th floor with a balcony. Had some issues with my upgrade to the spa room, but did not let it ruin my vacation.

Okay, the famous smell. Yes, I did smell it very faintly, but it nothing like I read on other reviews. If you have 4600 cruiser + staff, you are going to smell something when the bathroom is used. More

1st Day was at sea and had a great time learning the ship. The ship is to navigate once you learn it. The Dream is a beautiful ship and the dEcor was fitting for the ship.

The 2nd day was at Cozumel Mexico. The weather was kind of bad early in the morning and our shore excursion got cancel. We decided to walk to the pier for shopping.

The 3rd day was at Belize Mexico. Took a taxi and toured the country side. Belize is very poor and under developed. Did some shopping in the city and found some great bargains.

The 4th day was at Isla Rotan Honduras. Just did the shopping near the port.

The 5th Day was Costa Maya Mexico. We did the normal shopping at the port. The 6th Day was at sea. Did the normal sea day stuff. The ship has some great on watches and t-shirts The food was very good for Carnival.

The food was hot and cook to order upon arrival to the table. My table crew was the best. They were very at tentative to our needs and that always had a soda waiting on my son each night. They received an extra tip from the entire family. The dinning was very clean. The steakhouse was the bomb and worth every penny of the $30.00 per person. To me, it was on-line with Ruth Chris Steakhouse. The Cabin crews keep the room clean and I always had plenty of ice and clean towels. I gave them an extra tip. The crew is always cleaning the ship even late at night.

The only bad thing about the ship is the pools are soooo small for the amount of people on the ship. One day it was so crowed, the looked sardines packed in a can. The people could not swim in the pool. Overall this was a great vacation on a great ship that I will definitely sail again. The debarkation process went very smooth. Please feel free to e-mail me at wbelton@na.ko.com if you need additional information Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>