Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Ms. Cruiser: A WOW of a Cruise!

Ms. Cruiser
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

A WOW of a Cruise!

Sail Date: August 2010
Destination: Bahamas

I have been on both Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruise ships and Royal Caribbean wins hands down. I was able to book a last minute cruise (2 weeks before sail date) on the Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas and received a great price and a great room. I booked a Cat. I which was suppose to be on deck 6,7 or 8 with an obstructed view. My husband and I ended up on deck 3. I was worried about a porthole, it was fine, plenty of light for the compact space. First I called RCL, the corporate office to complain about the room change, I was told it was actually an upgrade because deck 3 does not have any obstructions like the Cat. I does. I was very understanding, yet made it clear this was not what I booked. They refused to change my room even though I knew for a fact they had rooms on deck 8. Like I said, the porthole was fine. I was amazed to find a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in my room upon arrival, it was from the RCL corporate office. This was very nice of More them. My husband and I shared the champagne with our table mates the next evening.

Food and Room The downfall of RCL is that the rooms measure a compact 122 sq.feet compared to the larger rooms on Carnival. For a short trip, it was fine. The ship was bright and airy and everyone was super friendly. The staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs. The food was incredible, much better than Carnival. Royal Caribbean actually serves a great steak while Carnival has gone to a type of flat iron steak which was very dry and tough every night I had it. I will admit the chocolate melting cake on Carnival is much better than any of the deserts served on Royal Caribbean, Carnival wins that one! I was just on the Carnival Legend in June and the food was just okay and the ship was dark and gloomy.

The Majesty was bright and felt very open. Shows Wonderful, fun and entertaining. Staff Wow! They have the best staff on the Majesty. I have read some reviews that differ, trust me, they were very attentive and always served us with a smile. Romance You must go to the top floor of the ship in the Viking Crown Lounge. It was very romantic! Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 3054

Cabin Number 3054 Deck 3 room had a Porthole. Room was small and compact but very clean and bright.

(5.5)
We had a wonderful experience. Always choose and excursion that you know you will like. I spent a few hours on the website exploring the variety of excursions. This is important. We decided to educate ourselves about the island. Usually we just walk around and shop and nothing else. We took a city tour that told us about the history of Nassau and took us to the Atlantis. Well worth the 30 dollars. Our guide was very informative and made sure we were safe at all times. After our tour, we still had time to shop in the straw market, it was a little scary because of the pushing and shoving from other passengers trying to get down the very narrow isles. At times the vendors were a little a aggressive, it was to much for me so we left rather quickly.

In this ship we went to Royal Caribbean's private island. Since we live in Florida, and can go to the gulf anytime we want, we chose to once again book an excursion and learn about the island. This was the best excursion we have ever taken out of 8 cruises. Our guide lives on CoCo Cay and is employed by RCL. He told us about the reach history of the island and facts about trees, flowers and the land. The tour was about 90 minutes and only 15 dollars a person. Worth your time! Take the early excursion so you have time to sit on the beach.

Read 2644 Nassau Reviews