Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by cornbeltgirl: The Epic is amazing

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

The Epic is amazing

Sail Date: August 2010

The ship is quite something. I saw other ships in port next to us and I was glad to be on the Epic. The Aqua Park is wonderful. The slides are great, kids sprinkler area is too cute. So many hot tubs you always found a seat. I think one large pool would have been nicer, but not really a complaint.

My kids loved the Recess and wanted to attend most nights, which was a pleasant surprise for us.

The Nick characters are not out and about, which was a little disappointing. I know its hot, so I thought they may show up in the Recess area at times, but didn't. The best time to see them was at the character breakfast. They did schedule some events, but they were usually late in the day while in port. This made it a little tricky to attend b/c the kids were usually exhausted.

Deck 14 holds the childrens recess area. We spent many nights traveling the corridor from the spa to this area. I felt bad for the persons housed on this floor...there was a constant flow of More traffic all day and night.

The entertainment was spectacular. We saw the Blue Man Group and the Circa De So lei, both were great. The circus show was amazing, it did have a risque story line which I thought could have been left out. My kids didn't get it, but older children may.

Overall, I would strongly recommend this ship to anyone, especially if you have children! There was always something to do with or without the kids. Its just beautiful. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 11304

I thought the room was more than adequate. I don't have anything to compare it to. Rounded bed, which our feet did hang off, but I didn't put much thought into it. Shower and bathroom area are big enough. I am a large woman and felt like there was plenty of room in these areas. Tons and tons of storage, we didn't even use it all. Two huge closets. Three large drawers. Two storage cabinets under counter. Our room had bunk beds for the kids. One in ceiling and the other the couch. All fit just fine, absolutely no complaints.

Excursion to Atlantis: Aqua Adventure

Took an hour from ship to arrive at pool. Very disappointed.

The park itself is amazing, has everything you could even think to do, but a lot of time is wasted getting there and returning to ship.

I would think it can be a vacation all its own.

Read 2631 Nassau Reviews

We took an excursion to the other side of the island to travel on a submarine boat. The boat was cool, the kids loved it. I wished it would have been longer, but happy overall.

The island seems to be lacking in infrastructure. I saw people washing dishes outside in tubs, and people urinating in public along the road. The restrooms in the port area could not flush the paper, it was thrown away.

The beach next to the port was beautiful, a lot of restaurants and shopping on the street side.

People were friendly.

Excursion to Maegan's Bay. SO beautiful! Not too crowded. The ships stagger the visits so new passengers arrive about every 2 hours.

Nice size city, clean, people very friendly.

Read 2326 St. Thomas Reviews