Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Virgin Cruiser 46

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Virgin Cruiser 46
Carnival Dream
Cabin Category: 7C
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Cruisin on a Dream
OK, so this was our first cruise. I had read many reviews previous to cruising and I was a little nervous about all the negative comments I had read. I have to say, either I am extremely easy to please or there are a lot of negative people out there. Granted, this was our first cruise, so we had nothing to compare to, but we thought this cruise was amazing.

First of all, we never smelled that yucky smell everyone complains about. I caught a slightly "off" scent a few times, barely, but not enough to complain about. This was something that really worried me too, but it turned out to be fine. I didn't hear one single complaint about a smell on the cruise.

Guest that have complained about a lack of pool space are right though. There are not enough water areas for everyone to enjoy, and it gets so hot out in the Caribbean. But overall it was fine and no problem.

Here is a quick overview of the pros and cons of our trip, and some tips to consider.

Pros: 1. Carnival Dream had an amazing, hardworking, and courteous crew. Everyone single person said hello, no matter how busy they were. They worked hard, around the clock, to make sure our vacation was perfect. I have never seen such hardworking people in my life. 2. I loved meeting people from all over the world. 96 countries were represented on our cruise. This included crew and cruisers. 3. There are plenty of chairs and spaces to sit all over the ship.There is always a place to go, even quiet little spaces to get away in. 4. The staterooms are plenty big enough and always clean. I felt like if I left my room for a few minutes, I would always come back to it cleaned up. 5. The food was endless and amazing! The waitstaff was top notch! We loved our waiters, Russell and Success. They made our evening dinners perfect! I have never seen such an array of foods in my life. You could eat yourself into oblivion (and we did). 6. The ports were fun and we loved our excursions (snorkeling Shipwreck Cove and the Skyride on St. Thomas and the Dutch/French tour with beach break combo on St. Maarten). We felt safe on our trips and loved them. But be careful with that "free rum punch." It will creep up on you and you won't be able to get back to the ship unless you stumble there. That happened to my husband! 7. The ship was clean and spacious and gorgeous. It took my breath away! 8. Loved all the ship activities and shopping extravaganzas, like BINGO, etc. My daughter won $1,500 on the lotto card game.We also loved the ship shopping sales. 9. You HAVE to see Dancing in the Street show! Amazing Broadway style show with tops singers and dancers. In fact, we liked all the shows we saw! Legends on the final night was great!

Cons: 1. Needs a bit more pool space/water areas. The pools are small. 2. Be careful with taxi drivers on the islands. Our experiences were fine, but a couple we knew paid a driver to take them to a particular area, but he took their money and did not take them there. Just be careful. Most are legit though. We met a few really nice taxi drivers. The excursions that Carnival recommends are safe and wonderful. 3. If you are not careful, you could end up spending a lot of extra, unnecessary money on things you don't need like alcohol, soda, games, etc. You can get by fine on water and juice that is provided for free. We spent a lot of money on alcohol and BINGO, but it was also fun. Just be careful.

Publication Date: 08/08/10