Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by dmarcusp

Cruise Date: July 2010
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: Q6
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

LuxuryOnly.com

5th QMII crossing
Just completed my 5th Queen Mary II westbound crossing (had done the same many years ago on the QE II one time as well)

While the experience can never compare to the QE II I have enjoyed my crossings, as I love being at sea.

Last year we were upgraded to the Princess Grill, and the experience was superb, so we booked Princess for this year and were upgraded to Queens.

My expectations for the dining experience were high, but was I in for a let down.

We were on the first trip where they made some changes, as far as I am concerned downgrades.

there was a A la Carte menu every night, which was cut down to 3 nights, when the Maitre De saw my displeasure, he told me if I didnt see anything on the menu lunch time to let him know.

the nights of A la Carte the menu was bigger but there were still cuts, portions were smaller, must of the plates were delivered cruise style, and the wait staff, though great were very overworked.

I know everyone is trying to save money, but this is not where it should be done, and again I should not have had to feel that it was a downgrade from the Princess grill of the previous year (I am sure that has gotten worse as well)

The bottom line is the grills are the top of the line, and the guest's should be treated as such with spectacular food and instant service.

While I probably would go again in the future, I cant even see the point of paying for the Queens Grill (their feeling is if they can upgrade someone, and they like it they will go for the higher one the next time, which we did, and we were let down.

Publication Date: 08/07/10
Read the Transatlantic ports review by dmarcusp
More Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews