Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by wisl56

Member Name: wisl56
Cruise Date: October 2004
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: I
See More About: Mariner of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Mariner of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean
First I have to say....HOW YOU DOING?.....

The Mariner of the Seas Cruise (dated 10/3/2004) was more than I ever expected. The ship was beautiful and the food was terrific! The Royal Caribbean employees treated us like we were royalty. It was great to be treated like that for one week! My family and I are Bingo fanatics and we certainly got our fill of that! The only drawback to the Bingo scene is that it gets very expensive when you have three people who want to play to win either a Junior Suite, free cruise, or a cash prize of over $12,500.! Needless to say, all the money spent in Bingo never amounted to a win for any of us...BOO HOO. It really didn't matter cause we still had fun.

The excursions were OK but I was not impressed by St. Maarten. When on the French side, we were approached twice by groups of young people who were trying to scam us. We did not fall into their trap cause we do know better and we told them to hit the trail.

Getting back to the ship...we dined in Johnny Rockets twice. The food was great and the waiters did a show for us while we dined. They were so funny and at one point I joined in doing "YMCA". Other diners just sat back and enjoyed their show.

The shows were fresh and exciting. They had several comedians that were so funny that I almost peed my pants cause I laughed so hard!

Our room was great. It was small but I expected that. It was immaculately kept by Tyrone and Brenton. If you asked for something just once, it was done the entire cruise. That meant a lot to me. Every night, our bed was turned down with a chocolate on each pillow and a towel animal (bat, bunny, elephant, etc). Every morning when we came back from breakfast our room was already cleaned up for the day before we left for our excursions.

We went to the ice show which was great...I just wish I could figure out how that skater could change outfits so quick! I thought I was watching Cher!

It was the best cruise I have ever been on! It was so great in fact, that I booked another cruise on the same ship, in the same room, next year (booked date 10/23/2005). They gave me a good price and $100. in shipboard credit. I was saddened to leave the ship....could have lived that life forever....Can't wait till next years trip!!!!! DO TRY!!!!

Publication Date: 10/26/04