Grand Princess Cruise Review by lifeizgr8

Embarkation: Civitavecchia
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: E
Cabin Number: E411
See More About: Grand Princess Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Grand Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Grand Princess Deck Plans
The GRAND...not so GRAND, anymore!
We were excited to do our first "Transatlantic" cruise. We booked the GRAND PRINCESS because the rates were excellent, and we wanted to go to multiple continents. We visited, Rome, Cannes, Barcelona, Gibraltar, Morocco, Canary Islands, Brazil(biggest disaster at any port EVER!), Barbados, Dominica and then finally Florida. The trip was long, but enough fun that we have already booked another "transatlantic" cruise for October.

EMBARKATION: I rate it a 10 out of 10! All was perfect, and for that I am grateful.

ROOM: Although part of the great rates required an obstructed view, the view AND room was fantastic! Try to get E411!! This room, although obstructed (so great rates), it is roomy and the view was good too! We had a wonderful steward who actually took time to do the "extras" which we had not received in the prior 4 or 5 cruises.

FOOD: RATED 9 our of 10. The food was also excellent!! I am one of those "PAINS" when it comes to food. I have celiac disease, so no wheat of any kind, and every meal was excellent. They really worked with me, and I had a great experience! For that I was very grateful! The only problem we incurred with the "food" was a night in the Italian restaurant. The food was more than FABULOUS, the service was VERY prejudicial!! Our waiter, while being wonderful and helpful with us, treated the neighboring table like they were the DEVIL in disguise! They happened to be a gay couple with their daughter and they were treated so bad I got up and left the table!! I complained with no change, and I also complained to the purser, with no change or apologies. In today's world this ignorant attitude should not be allowed to show on a cruise ship!! These people paid for their cruise, like everyone else, and should be treated like everyone else! I was SICKENED by the treatment of this couple and their daughter!!!!

ENTERTAINMENT: RATED: 0...THE ENTERTAINMENT ON THIS SHIP CAN'T EVEN GET A 1 OUT OF 10!!! THE ENTERTAINMENT WAS WORSE THAN HORRIBLE!!!! PRINCESS...get a grip! We will not re-book with Princess because of the LACK or credible entertainment!

CRUISE DIRECTOR: RATED 10 OUT OF 10!! Fantastic! This guy did a daily trivia on the TV, get games every night and even let the passengers give a Christmas Singing Program which was the best entertainment of the 21 days!

DEBARKATION: ANOTHER 10 OUT OF 10! All went very well and in great order. The only problem was MY mistake. I forgot I had a piece of fruit in my purse and boy did I get scolded by immigration people! I will never do that again!

PORTS: All were great EXCEPT Brazil!!!! HORRIBLE, THE WORST, DISGUSTING...ALL are not enough to tell you how horrible this place was! My very worst EVER!! Passengers were mugged and hurt badly!! DO NOT GO! Not only do they make you get a Visa for $500 (couple), but they do not have control of the docks where Princess docks. So...people got broken arms, needing stitches etc. from muggings!!!

All in all liked the transatlantic (especially the crossing the equator pool party) and look forward to do another, but I will NEVER go to Brazil again!!

Publication Date: 08/06/10