“Family cruise 2010”

Member Since 2009
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Let me start by saying I was not new to cruising nor new to Carnival. Stay in San Juan,PR @ Marriott Stellaris prior to cruise was great. We boarded the ship @ 1:30 and this was a breeze. We took advantage of buying water at the pier to carry on the ship. You are allowed to bring soda, water and wine aboard with you. Embark was a breeze.

Once you board we went straight to our rooms. They were average Conquest we sailed on last summer was larger but still adequate. The ship is worn and shows her age. We were on the 7th floor and it was nice but some of my family was on the 1st and 2nd floor and it was horrible. As soon as you exited from the elevator it had a foul smell. The carpet was torn and smelled of mildew. Even though they were constantly cleaning it still smelled.

The main issue I had with the ship was how poorly planned the meals were. On cruises in the past you could always find something to eat. The cruise ship stopped everyday at a port and we would return to the ship around 4:00 or 5:00 in the afternoon to only find the buffet lines closed. So you would have long lines at 2 open areas for food. (pizza or hamburgers). This was awful because people were frustrated and short tempered. This could have been handled better. I have seen much better food service.

The ship sailed full but it did not feel over crowded. The population of the ship was made up of most Puerto Ricans and people from the Islands. So needless to say the rules were different they did not want to stand in lines they cut and just total disrespect for the next person.

The ports make this cruise but we will never take this cruise again.

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8E7377
Great balcony small space. The only thing I did not like is that they brought in a roll away bed instead of having a let out couch. This made the room seem even smaller.

Port
beautiful simply beautiful We did a tour here also and drop off to the beach. they have a system here of how you get a taxi a little more organized. Beautiful beach.

Read 998 Barbados Reviews
Port
Here I did not feel like I was in a unsafe place until I made it to the beach. Here we did a tour of the island, rain forest and waterfall tour. The water at the water fall was cold but refreshing. The black sand beach was nice but the surroundings was not so good. People were a little more aggressive here. Never have to visit again.

Read 604 Dominica Reviews
Port
We enjoyed our stay at San Juan, PR. Stayed at the Marriott Stellairs. Great casino and the night life here was wonderful. They had a live band Saturday night that was wonderful.

Read 2,280 San Juan Reviews
The most beautiful place I have ever been. Took a water taxi to downtown. No aggressive taxi drivers, people in the shops were pleasant and friendly. Walked around felt very safe. Overall good the best stop on the tour.

Read 3,331 St. Maarten Reviews
Port
Beautiful place would love to go back and stay a couple of days. The taxi drivers were very pushy but we hired one Kelvin and he took us for a tour of the island. It was great. He also allowed to taste some of the local fruit. At the end went to the beach which was beautiful where he waited and brought us back to the ship for 25.00 per person and kids were 10.00 pc. The tour lasted about 2 1/2 hours. It was great.

Read 3,417 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 08/06/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Victory Review
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?