Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by cruiserunner32

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by cruiserunner32
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: cruiserunner32
Cruise Date: July 2010
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: Q
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Good time on the Enchantment
My wife and I took a five night, six day cruise on the Enchantment that was very enjoyable. I could cite a few things that were not in tip top shape, but we had traveled the Enchantment before so I did not go into cruise thinking top of the line and luxurious. The service was great and the food was above expectations. Everything was clean. We had a great time. What more could you ask for.

Embarkation and Disembarkation: Outstanding! I can't say enough for the Baltimore port. Everyone treats you right and the facilities are outstanding. The parking was a bit slow but we did come at prime loading time. Once inside, everything moved fast. Getting off the ship took minutes. The ship got in around 6:45 a.m. and an announcement to disembark for those carrying luggage off came around 7:15. We were home (half hour commute for us) and upacking within 45 minutes of disembarking. Fantastic!

Food: Above what I expected. We ate a lot of meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in the Windjammer Cafe. The choice of entrees and the tasty variety were excellent. They seemed to rotate entrees with different themes each night. Desserts were very good, too. I notice on formal nights more people eat at the Windjammer. I think this is because fewer people are bringing formal clothes along. Who can blame anyone for not wanting to pack more and get way dressed up for a picture they probably already have. And now even more so with airline fees charged for more luggage.

Entertainment: We only took in one show featuring hits on Broadway. It was o.k. Personally, I felt some of the Broadway titles were obscure. However, the dancers put in a lot of effort to make it work and deserved the applause that they got.

Service: Very attentive in the Windjammer Cafe and throughout the ship. Stateroom attendant, Fitzroy, was super. No complaints from me.

Activities: Line dancing was fun. The Village People (an imitation group) performed in the Centrum around 8 one night and that was great. Exercise room had loads of equipment. Both the treadmill and elipticals were in great shape.

Bermuda as a port: See my Port Review. We've been four times. It is a relaxing island with some interesting things to do. It does not have the same level of points of interest as a few Caribbean islands, but has charm in its own way.

Overall, the cruise was a nice getaway for five nights. Royal Caribbean has cut back the last few years. Miss the chocolates on the bed and the shipshape program as an incentive to exercise for prizes. I think I would have liked a cruise that stayed three days in Bermuda, but I knew that going in so that was not a big deal. When all is said and done the Enchantment served its purpose very well and this was a great vacation.

Publication Date: 08/03/10