Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by cruiserunner32: Good time on the Enchantment

cruiserunner32
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

Good time on the Enchantment

Sail Date: July 2010
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Baltimore

My wife and I took a five night, six day cruise on the Enchantment that was very enjoyable. I could cite a few things that were not in tip top shape, but we had traveled the Enchantment before so I did not go into cruise thinking top of the line and luxurious. The service was great and the food was above expectations. Everything was clean. We had a great time. What more could you ask for.

Embarkation and Disembarkation: Outstanding! I can't say enough for the Baltimore port. Everyone treats you right and the facilities are outstanding. The parking was a bit slow but we did come at prime loading time. Once inside, everything moved fast. Getting off the ship took minutes. The ship got in around 6:45 a.m. and an announcement to disembark for those carrying luggage off came around 7:15. We were home (half hour commute for us) and upacking within 45 minutes of disembarking. Fantastic!

Food: Above what I expected. We ate a lot of meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in More the Windjammer Cafe. The choice of entrees and the tasty variety were excellent. They seemed to rotate entrees with different themes each night. Desserts were very good, too. I notice on formal nights more people eat at the Windjammer. I think this is because fewer people are bringing formal clothes along. Who can blame anyone for not wanting to pack more and get way dressed up for a picture they probably already have. And now even more so with airline fees charged for more luggage.

Entertainment: We only took in one show featuring hits on Broadway. It was o.k. Personally, I felt some of the Broadway titles were obscure. However, the dancers put in a lot of effort to make it work and deserved the applause that they got.

Service: Very attentive in the Windjammer Cafe and throughout the ship. Stateroom attendant, Fitzroy, was super. No complaints from me.

Activities: Line dancing was fun. The Village People (an imitation group) performed in the Centrum around 8 one night and that was great. Exercise room had loads of equipment. Both the treadmill and elipticals were in great shape.

Bermuda as a port: See my Port Review. We've been four times. It is a relaxing island with some interesting things to do. It does not have the same level of points of interest as a few Caribbean islands, but has charm in its own way.

Overall, the cruise was a nice getaway for five nights. Royal Caribbean has cut back the last few years. Miss the chocolates on the bed and the shipshape program as an incentive to exercise for prizes. I think I would have liked a cruise that stayed three days in Bermuda, but I knew that going in so that was not a big deal. When all is said and done the Enchantment served its purpose very well and this was a great vacation. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 4309

In 4039, watch out for the spraying water faucet in the bathroom when you turn the faucet on. Shower did not heat up to as high a temperature as I would expect at home. Otherwise, everything in the room was good.

King's Wharf is very nice to walk around for shopping. Every Monday night (our first night there) they hold Destination Bermuda. Most of the stores are open while various musical, comedy and juggling acts do their thing on stage. It was definitely a fun atmosphere. The next day we took the ferry into Hamilton. You can get ferry tickets at the Guest Relations Desk in advance. A one day pass costs $12 per person and a two day pass costs $20 per person. I've done ferry and bus and the ferry is the way to go in my opinion. We walked around Hamilton and went inside the Bermuda Cathedral. That is a nice church to see, nothing spectacular except from the outside but it is only two blocks up a hill from downtown Hamilton. We took a longer walk over to Bermuda Botantical Gardens. That was a quiet, peaceful place to walk around. Stayed a few hours and saw plenty of gardens. We enjoyed it but it may not be for everyone, such as a family with children. We walked facing traffic on the side of the road part of the way, as sidewalks stopped at points. It seemed like a mile and a quarter from Hamilton.