Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by messin44

Member Name: messin44
Cruise Date: July 2010
Cabin Category: BE
Entertainment 5+

Epic in some ways not so Epic in other ways
We booked this cruise excited to be on the new Epic. I had booked 2 Balcony cabins with Me and my son and Daughter in one cabin and My wife and step daughter in the next cabin. I was shocked to find out that the couch did not pull out so they consider the couch as a bed for a third person. My son who is 6 foot 1 inches tall had to sleep on a narrow couch that curves in the middle. I felt sorry for him. I wish they tell you these things when you book a cabin with more than 2 people. This cabin for 2 people is almost perfect. No complaints from my wife in her room, but for 3 people, there isn't enough room for you 3 or room for all your clothes. I will say for 2 people, there is plenty of room.

The entertainment was top notch. I have cruise for years and this was the first cruise I went to all the shows. Enjoyed them all. Food was good. The specialty restaurants were great although ran up my bill, but enjoyed the food. The Buffet had the same thing day in and day out everyday. Quite boring. Slides were great. Had fun on these but the Funnel slide was quite a wait but worth it at least once to try it. I will tell you, make sure you wear something on your feet at the pool deck, whatever they made the decking from will blister your feet. It gets so HOT you can't walk on it barefooted. I agree with what one person had mentioned, A lot on this cruise is a charge to you a lot of nickle and dimeing you on things that are free on other cruises.

I felt the ship was laid out well and everything was easy to find and the wall directories at the elevators worked well. Getting on and getting off the ship was the fastest and easiest of any cruise I have been on. No problems there. I found the crew to be very helpful and did their jobs well and were always friendly. I will tell you, I always purchase the soda plan and this was the first cruise I have been on that the bartenders avoided you at all costs because of nothing in it for them. My wife had given one bartender a 10.00 bill and from that point on we were taken care of the moment we stepped to the bar the rest of the cruise. This to me is unacceptable and should be addressed by NCL!! It cost me over 200.00 for soda stickers and we should have been treated better than that.

I will say though it may sound like I didn't like this cruise. On the contrary, I did, but I want to point out some of the things that I didn't like that I think all of you thinking of the Epic should be aware of.

Publication Date: 08/04/10