Carnival Glory Cruise Review by mgpm

Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: mgpm
Cruise Date: July 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: 8F

Glory Glory Hallelujah!
This was my second time on the Carnival Glory. I went four years ago to the Carribean, this time went to New England. This trip, I went with my husband alone, last time I went with my mom, mother in law and children. This was my third Carnival cruise, the first was in 2000 to the Mexican Riviera.

I have not sailed with any other cruise line. But I honestly can't imagine why I'd want to. My experiences with Carnival have been wonderful. The employees really bend over backwards to help you with anything you need or want. And they are so consistently friendly that I wonder if they slip happy drugs in the staff food!

Every single employee was kind and helpful. Jorge, the cruise director, was just HYSTERICAL. He's a very funny comedian. Loved him! The games were funny and the shows were good. JUSTIN ILLUSION was awesome. Very sexy magic show. I saw him on my first trip aboard the Glory and he has gotten better, the show is amazing.

There were two comedians aboard---Mark Klein and Rich Brooks. Mark was very funny and Rich, not to my taste. They both did PG and adult shows.

Two new additions since my last cruise were a big screen tv on Lido deck and minature golf. We didn't watch any movies (too busy w/shows and activities)

On this trip, the ports of call were St. John, and Halifax in Nova Scotia. We took three excursions on this cruise, City Market and St. Martin's sea caves in St. John, Peggy's Cove in Halifax, and we also took the "Behind the Fun" tour of the ship.

The Behind the Fun tour is pricy--$95 per person. But it is 3 hours long, and you see all kinds of interesting things. The ship has a brig (jail) and a morgue. We saw where the laundry was done, trash taken care of, food prepared, staff lounges, backstage at the theatre, and even got to go on the bridge and meet the captain who was VERY generous with his time and answered all kinds of questions. We got a picture w/the captain, a hat, backpack and lanyard as gifts on the tour. If you have the money to spare, and are interested in how things work, this is a great tour. I'm glad I took it.

The one thing I didn't like on this ship was that I heard music by the pool on two different times that contained the F word. I don't think that's appropriate, since little ones hang out there so much.

Publication Date: 08/03/10