Island Escape Cruise Review by Queenduke

Cruise Date: July 2010
Embarkation: Other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: OU
See More About: Island Escape Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
        16+ 2.0
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Island Escape Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Island Escape Deck Plans
Happy Party of 10 ranging from 55 yrs to 2 yrs.... :O)
I thought that this would be the last holiday my eldest children would want to come on with me, so opted for something special. How wrong I was.... I'm never going to get rid of them now... they are already on my case for 2011!

Our party consisted of a ten people being 55yrs, 42 yrs, 21 yrs, 20 yrs, 18 yrs, 18 yrs, 16 yrs, 16 yrs, 11 yrs and a 2 yr old.... (No they are not all mine!). There was something for everybody... The entertainment was varied, professional, entertaining and enjoyable - each and every one of us were impressed by the energy, attitude and diversity of all the entertainment staff. The food was in abundance, and more often than not we opted for the Beachcomber buffet restaurant and ate little and often, around our hectic pre-planned schedule. Waiting and bar staff were incredible. Not just efficient, courteous and welcoming, but each and every one of them made you feel special, and as for Joseph, our cabin steward, he deserves a large medal.... nothing was too much for him!

Newsletters were delivered daily, and the information given was brilliant. It had an itinerary of the on board events, plus essential information regarding the port of call. The excursion clerks at reception were knowledgeable beyond belief, not just with information on their excursions but provide local maps and details of the towns for the ones who chose just to get off and have a wander. The pool was on the small side, and imagine in school holidays this may cause a problem, but didn't affect us in the slightest.

We opted for all inclusive drinks package, and were pleased we did. Drinks were surprisingly not expensive on board, but it was nice for us knowing that part had been paid for.

The ship did look a little 'used' in places, but this was totally irrelevant in comparison to the positives.

I fail to see how anybody could not have a wonderful time!!! and if you're going.... I envy you!

Publication Date: 08/03/10