Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Purple Girl

Member Name: Purple Girl
Cruise Date: July 2010
Cabin Category: B4

Epic fun with the Family
The Epic is a very large beautiful ship. There is a wide choice of bars - no problem there! We never had to wait for dinner even though it was freestlye dining. There were 9 of us and we would mostly go to dinner around 7:30. The service was a little slow but we had nowhere else to be. The food was just ok. I highly recommend going to the French restaurant - Le Bistro. There is an upcharge there but it is well worth it! That was the best meal we had. Don't waste your money going to the Italian restaurant (an upcharge there). It is more like the Olive Garden. The sushi restaurant is wonderful and very cheap.

I travelled with my kids. They didn't participate in any kids activities so I can't comment on those. They did do the soda program which I highly recommend.

The rooms were very tight. I shared it with my husband and one of my kids. It was hard to get around everyone. The sink was all wrong. My husband couldn't shave without getting water everywhere. However, the shower was awesome! Even though the room was small the storage for clothes was wonderful. All 3 of us had plenty of room to put all our clothes away. The balcony was very nice too.

We were supposed to go to 3 ports but missed Costa Maya because of bad weather. No big deal as the ship added a bunch more activities to do that day.

As far as entertainment goes, we saw the Blue Man Group (good), Legends (very good), Second City (bad) and Cirque Dreams (ok but food was not very good). If Jeff Hobson (magician) is there, you must see him. He is hilarious!

The pool area was nice. The slides are a lot of fun. Go on the yellow/orange one when the line is short. It is always the longest wait. And if you are a woman that is smaller you can use a kids tube (I did). They seemed to be more in abundance of those kind of tubes.

The workout room is great! The only thing I wish they had was a water cooler with cups. All they have is a water fountain, so bring your own bottle/cup.

Even though there were 4100 people on the ship with us, it didn't feel like it. There are so many different things to do on the ship, it never felt crowded. Even the elevators were easy to get.

We had a great time overall - Enjoy!

Publication Date: 08/03/10