Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by kattchatt

Member Name: kattchatt
Cruise Date: July 2010
Cabin Category: BA
        16+ 2.0

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly........
First, let me start by saying this was our 1st NCL cruise. I've been a little leary as I have not heard too many positives about the line but with the new ship I thought it was time to give it a try. The following is what we; DW, DH, DD & her boyfriend experienced...

The Good..... *Embarkation (easy) *A pretty ship on the inside *Excellent paid restaurants (Moderno my favorite) *Great entertainment/shows but not enough of them *3 water slides *Lots of cabin storage space *Comfy bed BUT.....(see the bad) *Big shower *Friendly staff *Disembarkation (the best I've experienced)

The Bad..... *No excitement upon entering the ship (a letdown) *Boring sailing away party (probably the worst) *Promenade deck does not go around the ship at all, just along the sides *Pools are too small, a lot of wasted space with sprinklers *Cabin very narrow, could not get by the bed without almost turning sideways, always in each others way *Bathroom/shower area not the best set up *Beds are SHORT, I'm 5'5 and my toes were at the end *No nightclub type atmosphere with dancing and lots of people having fun *Way too many extra charges *The food wasn't that great outside of the paid restaurants, seemed like it was always the same menu in Taste and Manhattan and the buffet got sickening after a few days.We felt like we were forced to eat at the paid restaurants to get a decent meal. First time we've ever paid to eat on board a ship, we've always been satisfied with the dining room food for the most part. *MIA cruise director, Silas Cook was the worst, he was hardly visible the entire cruise so, so different then other lines "in my opinion a cruise director, a good one anyway, sets the tone each day and night not Silas!!!!

The Ugly..... *The sink is just a total screw up...A shorter neck faucet might help but it was impossible to wash your face, shave or even brush your teeth without needing extra towels to wipe up all the water.It's also in a real BAD area especially if your bed is near the door... *The ship just isn't very pretty to look at. It's big and awkward looking

I guess I/we arrived at most of these opinions by comparing experiences on this ship with that of our experiences on other ships. Needless to say, I'm glad I got the experience of sailing NCL, we did have good times and memories were made but it will be the last cruise we sail with them.

Publication Date: 07/31/10