Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by jrc333: A Class Act Cruise

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A Class Act Cruise

Sail Date: July 2010

This was my third cruise on Carnival. The previous cruises were 3 and 5 day cruises so I was a little worried about being on a cruise ship for 7 nights. Would I be bored? Would there be enough activities to entertain me? Well, I took the plunge and boy did Carnival come through with shining colors. I traveled with a female friend. We were supposed to be a group of 3 females, but just two of us traveled. The embarkation was a breeze as we completed our fun pass online.

Our room was always spotless and our cabin attendant, Christian, always greeted us in the corridor and never lost his patience when I asked him for directions almost every day. I recommend rooms with balconies particularly for long cruises as there is nothing like getting up early in the morning and sitting out on balcony watching the waves or reading a book.

The most memorable thing about the cruise was the cruise director, Butch Begovich. He is a high energy directory who made it is business to More ensure that everyone had a great time - Yah. He was everywhere, approachable, funny, talented, and an all-around likable guy. He said on his morning television show that he would be leaving the Carnival Liberty for the Carnival Dream and I will definitely be following him to the Dream for my next cruise.

The food was excellent and there was quiet a variety. I had ready the reviews about the 5-star restaurant Harry's, but did not visit it as I do not eat beef or pork. We dined each night in the Silver dining room and our maitre'd, Omar was the best. He was very kind in accommodating us when we missed our scheduled dining period and made sure that we had a seat during the late dining hour. He is also a good singer. We visited the spa at first just to use the steam room and sauna. There was only one or two other individuals using it which was a good thing for us. I think most think that you have to pay to use it, but you don't. We came back another day for facial and back massage for me and a Swedish massage for my friend. Both were very pleasant.

I was a little concerned about the cruise being too crowded, but I never felt that it was because there are so many activities scheduled and so many different places on the ship that people can go that I never felt like a sardine in a can. There were a couple of glitches in the trip, the first one being that one of the tender boats broke down when we were visiting Half Moon Cay, Bahamas. It just happened to be the larger of the three boats which meant that the process took much longer that it should have since there were only two boats to get the folks to the island. Well, I was a bit peeved, but I know that things happen. I just prefer that they don't happen when I'm on vacation. Anyway, it was all worth it because the beach was awesome and all was forgiven when I saw the marvelous bar-b-que that they prepared for us.

The second glitch was that we were supposed to go to Turks & Caicos, which I had never visited, for the last port of call, but the wind and waves made it impossible for the captain to safely dock there, so he decided to take us to Nassau, Bahamas instead. I had visited Nassau before on a previous Carnival cruise, but I was ok with visiting it again. It's better to be safe than sorry. Carnival can't control the weather.

Taken as a whole, it was a top drawer cruise with the staff doing their best to show you a good time, YAH. (Yah, is one of the favorite sayings of the cruise director, Butch. He had many cruise-goers saying "yah" throughout the cruise.) Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Verandah 8353

Cabin 8353 with a balcony on the Veranda Deck was in a great location. It was directly across the hall from the wash room/iron. I was worried because I thought that there would be a lot of traffic/noise, but there wasn't. It was also close to the stairs/elevator and directly below the Lido Deck/Food.