Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by lera005: First time cruiser traveling with 31 people on the Epic

lera005
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

First time cruiser traveling with 31 people on the Epic

Sail Date: July 2010

I LOOOOVVVEEED IT! I loved everything about it (for the most part). We were a party of 31 and I shared cabin with DH and 17 year old son. I was very nervous about the cabin bathroom /shower configuration, but found that it was a non issue. We kept the curtain drawn and other than the loud flushing I didn't hear anything nor was I bothered by people turning on the light to go to the bathroom at night (since the curtain pretty much kept it dimmed). You really can't see people in either the toilet or tub/shower. Recommend, if you can, deluxe balcony gave us the extra room lacking in our other cabins. Studio was great for our solo travelers.

The crew/staff were wonderful. Garden Cafe was great. Also recommend O'Sheehan's. Paid restaurants, we enjoyed Le Bistro, La Cucina, Taste and the Noodle Bar. Save your money on Moderno--the meat was terrible, ice bar was not really worth it, as it was so cold you really couldn't stay in long at all (bring socks). Blue Man Group was More fantastic, as was Le Cirque. Magician/comedian Jeff Hobson was a big highlight and well worth the time. Second City was fun, but I wished I had caught the non-edited, version later in the PM. Murder Mystery was good for a laugh. Good production numbers for Legends in Concert.

We hit a lot of bad weather, but were not really bothered by the rocking and rolling of the boat (ALTHOUGH, we did hear from the people in the pricier villas that they could really feel the motion).

We were in 12075. There is more storage space than you can use, so bring everything. Nothing good on TV, ever (but I gather that's the plan). Our cabin had robes, but not all of us did. The ship itself never felt crowded and you can always go somewhere to be alone. Balcony was adequate and felt private to me (but we were on the top floor).

Wish I had known to bring a power supply and conditioner. ALSO, accepted what I thought was a free drink when we got on board, sipped it, and was then asked about my room number..... Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>