Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by TheBuick: A Balcony Snob Is Born!

TheBuick
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A Balcony Snob Is Born!

Sail Date: July 2010

This was the smallest reunion cruise we've had to date (definitely a sign of the times) but it was also the absolute BEST one we've had.

We stayed at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay on the Saturday prior to our Sunday set sail date! Lots of construction/renovation but the staff more than made up for any inconvenience. Rooms were clean, views were awesome, food was good!

Embarkation was fairly easy. It was the longest line we stood in for the whole cruise.

Food:

Windjammer - has fallen since we started cruising. Food was good -- just not excellent. One thing I will say, though, is that these folks can teach us all about preparing vegetables. That has not changed. Fresh and cooked to perfection every time!

Chops - Exceptional! Yep veggies awesome here too and desserts to die for and then some. I ordered prime rib and cut it with a butter knife just to see if I could - yes yes yes!

Johnny Rockets - We had a great time singing More with staff and watching them dance for us. French Fries and onion rings are automatically served and they are good. Great shakes - don't touch the chili dogs. Hamburgers were good.

Promenade - Good sandwiches.

Sorrentos - Good pizza.

Entertainment:

Great 70's bash and 80's bash; however, I spent sail-away on my balcony waving at all the people we saw walking along the beach and those blowing their horns at us from their vehicles. I'll never cruise again without a balcony. Balcony, balcony, balcony,...woo hoo... Always a very nice breeze. Very relaxing way to get away to sleep, read, chat or just look. Yes I am a smoker but I was told by both neighbors that they couldn't smell my smoke. I must have looked hungry because one neighbor was constantly trying to get me to try different snacks and wines they ordered. They were newly weds and swore they were not going to leave their cabin :)

We played RCs version Jeopardy, my daughter and her partner won first place. We watched Family Feud. We attended a ritzy reception for return visitors. We drank lots of fruity drinks with things sticking out of them and played a few hours in the casino. We shopped on board and OH YEAH! visited the SPA! Excellent.

Rock climbing - NOT - but others had a great time.

Flow Rider- NOT - again others had a blast.

The great thing about these huge ships is that there is something for EVERYONE!

Work out facility was excellent and thank goodness they have one.

We were on board for seven days and I am certain we still did not see everything.

I loved the fact that we didn't have to tender at any of the ports. Yes!

Disembarking was hell - we were forgotten. The early morning luggage valet folks were handled very well. I guess the late morning luggage valet folks (the rest of us) fell through the cracks. Oh well, this was the only negative to a truly wonderful vacation.

I totally recommend the luggage valet. Okay, it's $20 but you place your luggage outside your cabin door the night before you disembark and you don't see it again until you land at your home airport. YES! I detest dragging a suitcase or 2 when traveling.

The thing that left the biggest impression on me was the customer service. Royal Caribbean has it mastered. There wasn't one person I spoke to that didn't fall over themselves trying to assist me. What can be better than that??!! Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 7594

Room was very clean and cozy. Balcony was awesome. Came equipped with 2 chairs and one small table. We asked that a lounge chair be provided as there were 3 of us in the room. There was more than enough room for all including the lounger. We could here the thump from the bass of some music somewhere in the evenings but it was not enough of a thump to disturb us or prevent us from going to sleep. I posted pictures on the www.cruiselinerooms.com website for those of you interested.

Puerto Rico

Old San Juan tour was nice.

Rest of time spent on our own. Shopping was again, Excellent! Did not accomplish a lot because of the very short time we were there, but it was definitely worth the visit.

The weather was perfect and the hills were easy to climb.

Read 1353 San Juan Reviews

We used Bernard Tours. What an excellent tour:

Jr. was our driver. We wen to Maho Beach. A coke was $3 at the beach bar -- but that was okay because Jr. provided us all with free beverages (water and sodas).

We watched planes of all sizes come in low, low, low and take off. Wow! Phenomenal. There are warning signs posted to be careful of the back draft. We saw people get blown in the water (of their own free will of course). Nuts! It was a blast.

Market - There was food galore prepared in front of you and goods for everyone. We negotiated for goods. Very positive vibe.

Orient Beach - Completely nude and partially nude on one side and full clothed/swimsuits on the other side.

We had lunch at Pedro's on Orient Beach and were entertained by a gentleman that would have been the perfect contestant on the "Gong Show". You would only believe it if you heard it with your own ears and witnessed it with your own eyes. :)

Phillipsburg - Yeah!! Shopping!! We opted to end our tour here and hired a taxi back to the pier ($3 per person). Others took the tour bus back to the pier.