Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by TheBuick

Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: TheBuick
Cruise Date: July 2010
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

A Balcony Snob Is Born!
This was the smallest reunion cruise we've had to date (definitely a sign of the times) but it was also the absolute BEST one we've had.

We stayed at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay on the Saturday prior to our Sunday set sail date! Lots of construction/renovation but the staff more than made up for any inconvenience. Rooms were clean, views were awesome, food was good!

Embarkation was fairly easy. It was the longest line we stood in for the whole cruise.

Food:

Windjammer - has fallen since we started cruising. Food was good -- just not excellent. One thing I will say, though, is that these folks can teach us all about preparing vegetables. That has not changed. Fresh and cooked to perfection every time!

Chops - Exceptional! Yep veggies awesome here too and desserts to die for and then some. I ordered prime rib and cut it with a butter knife just to see if I could - yes yes yes!

Johnny Rockets - We had a great time singing with staff and watching them dance for us. French Fries and onion rings are automatically served and they are good. Great shakes - don't touch the chili dogs. Hamburgers were good.

Promenade - Good sandwiches.

Sorrentos - Good pizza.

Entertainment:

Great 70's bash and 80's bash; however, I spent sail-away on my balcony waving at all the people we saw walking along the beach and those blowing their horns at us from their vehicles. I'll never cruise again without a balcony. Balcony, balcony, balcony,...woo hoo... Always a very nice breeze. Very relaxing way to get away to sleep, read, chat or just look. Yes I am a smoker but I was told by both neighbors that they couldn't smell my smoke. I must have looked hungry because one neighbor was constantly trying to get me to try different snacks and wines they ordered. They were newly weds and swore they were not going to leave their cabin :)

We played RCs version Jeopardy, my daughter and her partner won first place. We watched Family Feud. We attended a ritzy reception for return visitors. We drank lots of fruity drinks with things sticking out of them and played a few hours in the casino. We shopped on board and OH YEAH! visited the SPA! Excellent.

Rock climbing - NOT - but others had a great time.

Flow Rider- NOT - again others had a blast.

The great thing about these huge ships is that there is something for EVERYONE!

Work out facility was excellent and thank goodness they have one.

We were on board for seven days and I am certain we still did not see everything.

I loved the fact that we didn't have to tender at any of the ports. Yes!

Disembarking was hell - we were forgotten. The early morning luggage valet folks were handled very well. I guess the late morning luggage valet folks (the rest of us) fell through the cracks. Oh well, this was the only negative to a truly wonderful vacation.

I totally recommend the luggage valet. Okay, it's $20 but you place your luggage outside your cabin door the night before you disembark and you don't see it again until you land at your home airport. YES! I detest dragging a suitcase or 2 when traveling.

The thing that left the biggest impression on me was the customer service. Royal Caribbean has it mastered. There wasn't one person I spoke to that didn't fall over themselves trying to assist me. What can be better than that??!!

Publication Date: 07/28/10