Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Lisa G

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Fun but cold in Mexico!
The Splendor is a magnificent newer ship (14 months old at time of sailing). It was my first Carnival cruise. We flew for many hours and had our transportation to the ship waiting. The embarkation was quicker than average. We were greeted with a glass of champagne while boarding. The ship was very crowded and each couple of our group went to check their cabins out. I was delighted that our inside cabin was very close to the pool/bar/food on the Lido Deck. I found this easier to change clothes or pick up a forgotten item.

The food was better than food on Princess. Carnival serves a lot of normal food. The waiters were entertaining and the animal towels were fun to find each night. We enjoyed most of the entertainment. We also thought that the casino was large & fun. Clearly, we enjoy spending time in the casino.

I had a massage & found that it was "just okay". I have had great massages on other cruise ships.

The weather for our cruise was cold. We had 4 days of weather in the 60s.

We had fun with the martini bar. The pools were restrictive with kids everywhere. Even the ADULT pool had kids jumping in. I enjoyed this pool due to the Deli that sits next to the pool but wished it had fresh water instead of salt water. I like the pool set ups on RCI or NCL better.

Debarkation was very smooth. One of the best yet.

For the price, I feel that we got more than we paid for. It was a fun cruise.

Publication Date: 07/25/10