Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Lisa G: Fun but cold in Mexico!

Lisa G
0 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Mexican Riviera Cruises

Fun but cold in Mexico!

Sail Date: October 2009
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

The Splendor is a magnificent newer ship (14 months old at time of sailing). It was my first Carnival cruise. We flew for many hours and had our transportation to the ship waiting. The embarkation was quicker than average. We were greeted with a glass of champagne while boarding. The ship was very crowded and each couple of our group went to check their cabins out. I was delighted that our inside cabin was very close to the pool/bar/food on the Lido Deck. I found this easier to change clothes or pick up a forgotten item.

The food was better than food on Princess. Carnival serves a lot of normal food. The waiters were entertaining and the animal towels were fun to find each night. We enjoyed most of the entertainment. We also thought that the casino was large & fun. Clearly, we enjoy spending time in the casino.

I had a massage & found that it was "just okay". I have had great massages on other cruise ships.

The weather for our cruise was cold. We More had 4 days of weather in the 60s.

We had fun with the martini bar. The pools were restrictive with kids everywhere. Even the ADULT pool had kids jumping in. I enjoyed this pool due to the Deli that sits next to the pool but wished it had fresh water instead of salt water. I like the pool set ups on RCI or NCL better.

Debarkation was very smooth. One of the best yet.

For the price, I feel that we got more than we paid for. It was a fun cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Interior Empress Lido

Had a cabin just inside from the pool/bar on the LIDO deck. It was great! More room than many cabins I have booked before. Our shower would not heat so maintenance came & fixed it. No more problems. We had a husband/wife across the hall from us that got into a fight & smacked each other around. Security ensured that the husband did not return to the cabin. Security was staged outside of the cabin all night.

Just a day of shopping and haggling at the open air markets. I feel that I bought several things for a very good price. It was fun to see others from our group coming in to do the same thing.

We took a tour to a beach that gave you all of the drinks for free (sex on the beach - very popular) & lunch. It was a pretty beach and we also rented 4 wheelers and rode up & down the beach. A day of lots of fun!!!

Read 289 Mazatlan Reviews

Our group did a zip line canopy tour. Every one of our group was over 50. Just a few struggles in 102 heat. I would definitely zip line again.