Volendam Cruise Review by dwctse: MUST CRUISE ALASKA

MUST CRUISE ALASKA

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

This was my 5th time cruising and first time to Alaska.

Quick Summary:

FOOD: EXCELLENT QUALITY, from the oil they used, to meat, fruits and vegetables etc. Note: I am very concern with my health as I am a diabetic with other health problems, I did not find the food I ate to be too heavy. Furthermore, it seems that they do not recycle any unused food, what I mean was that they did not turn some unused salad (vegetables etc.) into soaps or re-packaged for next day use. I also ate more than I should, (hey, with all you can eat and the quality of food, why not), with property exercises, I didn't gain any extra weight.

SERVICE: No problem in general, 99% of the staff is very friendly and happy. It seems that they truly enjoy their work and they show a lot of respects. Note that the first day of cruising (June 30) which happened to be my birthday; they got a little mixed up at dinner. My son was going to surprise me with a desert to be brought out by a waiter, More instead, the waiter came up to me and asked if that was someone's birthday. It blew the surprises.

CHILDREN'S program: My 13 years old son and 9 year old daughter who have been on 4 cruises before found that it was also their best cruising experiences with lots of varieties and made many friends. Note that there was over 60 teenagers and 40 pre-teens on the cruise.

Itineraries: Excellent itineraries, it is impossible to describe all of the excursions. However, there is one itinerary that must be mentioned as it will save you some money and that is the "Glacier Bay". I enjoy the Glacier Bay experiences, NO NEED to buy any excursions if you want to see any glacier, this is free and it is a whole day experience. We were very fortunate to capture the break up of glaciers. We also had many opportunities to see many different species of whales. We had over 13 dolphins swam with the cruise for over 45 minutes at close up.

Weather from June 30 to July 7, 2010 was excellent.

We will be returning to Alaska within the next five years. Meanwhile we are planning for another cruise to Europe and Asia. Less

Read more Volendam cruise reviews >>