Sea Princess Cruise Review by Viennaborn

Cruise Date: July 2010
Embarkation: San Francisco
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: BC
See More About: Sea Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Sea Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Sea Princess Deck Plans
Lucky Seven
We Grandparents were celebrating our Grandaughter's graduation from high school.The five of us{parents included) had a wonderful time on our trip to Alaska. The negative reviews appearing really worried me,particularly since my husband and I had done the Pacific Princess to Alaska last year and loved it. Was there really a "sewage Smell?" Was the food really so bad? The crew surly? etc. etc. My expectations were not too high. Boy, was I surprised!

The embarkation went so smoothly in contrast to last years Seattle one which had us waiting in the rain for a long time. I need a wheelchair for long distances and one was quickly produced for me at both ends of the trip. The staff could not be more helpful with my walker which I use for excursions only. We opted for traditional dining and had a fabulous waiter who when asked would recommend the "best of that day's specials".My husband who is on a salt-free diet was always given the next day's menu and they would prepare the dish salt -free for him.Our Granddaughter had many kinds of pasta and vegetables to suit her meatless tastes while my size4 daughter always had at least three different scoops of ice cream for dessert.Was it always fabulous?NO! The food often was not hot enough and once I had to send an order back. However the rolls were always wonderful,the soups particularly the cold ones very tasty.The choices many and the quality of the food very high.They had the best pineapple I ever ate.

The entertainment was very good.Our favorite was Larry who plays a mean piano and is handy with the funny quips.The stage shows were always good.We are trivia fans and enjoyed playing twice a day.Saw several movies we had missed at home and found plenty to amuse us. The highlight,of course,is Alaska itself.Is there any sight more exciting than Glacier Bay?The on-board naturalist was very informative and we learned a lot.We enjoyed all the ports of call(separate listing) Two negatives were the slow elevators and the tiny cabins.There was enough closet and storage space, though Our steward did a great job in keeping it all neat and clean and no there was no sewage smell.IN fact,we all decided we were most lucky to be on this cruise

Publication Date: 07/23/10