Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Infinite03icebox: More like a nightmare than a dream

Infinite03icebox
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 3.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

More like a nightmare than a dream

Sail Date: July 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was my second cruise with Carnival and I traveled with my fiance. We're both in our early 20's and enjoy traveling with Carnival because their activities and atmosphere best suit our personalities. We sailed with Carnival in Feb and enjoyed it so much that we booked another Cruise on Carnival's "best ship" five months later. Within stepping in the ship for the first five minutes I wanted to go home. EXTREMELY CROWDED, babies screaming, teens running everyone and all I was thinking was "where the hell are these kids and teens parents?!?"

The Dream as a ship is amazing. It's bright, has it's very own comedy club, the shops are open most of the day and the deck has great views, seaside theater is relaxing at night BUT the ship's biggest problem is ITS CROWDED! Yes, the ship is huge but it's not big enough to house more than 1,000 employees and more than 3,000 guests. In order to get a decent seat for the shows, we had to head to the theater and comedy club 45 minutes More before the show started. Going to any of the buffet lines was like fighting for the food you paid for. Everyone was elbow to elbow attempting to get food and we literally had to wait 30 minutes in line just to get to the food.

A majority of the population of the ship were teens and children. My fiance and I spent most of our time in the Serenity (adults only portion of the ship) in attempts to get away from the screaming kids and disrespectful teens, but even being in the Serenity was not very relaxing. Why? The waterworks and water slides where kids are all day is adjacent to the serenity. So while trying to catch some sun and a nap in a cabana, all you hear is kids screaming from going down the water slide.

If you also read past reviews, past guests complained about a strange smell on the ship. Before sailing, I thought that some guests might have been mistakes some how but I was wrong. Towards the back of the ship, there is a horrible smell. The best way I can describe the smell is it resembles the smell of sewage.

There were a few pluses on this cruise.... 1. If you do decide to sail with the Dream, make sure to go to the comedy club. The comedians they have are GREAT and will make you laugh to the point of tears. 2. The cruise director Todd is very friendly, approachable and definitely knows what he is doing. He goes out of his way to make sure all passengers are having a great time. 3. During the western Caribbean cruise, all the ports of call are fun EXCEPT Belize. Not too much to do there because much of it is Jungle. Expect to be eaten alive by mosquitoes. It doesn't matter what excursion you chose, expect to be eaten alive by mosquitoes. The best stop for me was Isla Roatan, if you're into beaches, make sure to chose the tabayana beach package. The beaches are amazing for snorkeling and the views are breath taking. My fiance proposed to me here and he picked a perfect spot because I've never seen a more beautiful beach

And thats it, after a 7 day cruise I only had three positive things to say. I love the layout of the ship but its way too crowded, carnival's house keeping staff wasn't friendly and everyone seemed miserable and in order to eat, you have to fight for you food or wait 30 minutes in line just to get to the food when it comes to the buffet. This cruise deserve two thumbs down. Unless they start booking less people, I will NEVER sail the carnival dream again. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>