Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Abear2

Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

It was epicurious
We got to the port before 11:00am.The check-in was quick and painless. They were very organized for their first voyage on this ship from Miami. We boarded the ship before noon and went straight to check out the buffet.

For me the food was just ok and not that great. I did however love the coconut ice cream at the buffet. I thought the same thing for the Taste restaurant. I did however LOVE LeBistro !!! OMG the lobster was the best I have ever eaten. This is the only restaurant that serves escargo, which is one of my favorites. It was well worth the money. We also tried LaCucina, which was an Italian restaurant and I really liked it as well. It was only $10.00 each. O'Sheenan's was ok, but the workers were not that friendly in there.

The ship is huge and I know I didn't see everything because I was too busy losing all my money in the casino. It is the biggest casino at sea. I'm not sure if I like the layout because it is so spread out. I do like the fact that they were trying a non-smoking area. I told them they should keep it that way.

The entertainment is also the best at sea. Everyone should book the Blue Man group, Second City and Cirque Dreams Dinner on your computer at soon as you can. I think you can do that 45 days before your sailing date. They were all great ! The Blue Man group keeps your attention throughout the show. We sat on the first row and had to wear poncho's. J I also loved the magician that was on the ship. I don't usually like that particular type of show, but he really was funny.

I loved the big screen TV in the Spice H20 area at the back of the ship.They had different things held back there throughout the cruise. Don't miss the newlywed game. That is so funny. They held the White Hot Party back there, so if you like to dance, then you will want to attend that.

They have lots to do if you have kids.I didn't have any with me, but I did notice quite a bit to do for them. They had an area with cute fountains and such and also a very nice game room, which of course you had to put your card to play.

Ok I know everyone was complaining about the way the bathroom area was arranged. To me it should not have been designed like this. I don't like the fact that if someone knocks on my door that you can't open it if you are in the shower, because they will be able to see you. Also, I hate the little itsy bitsy sink they have. Everytime I would wash my face, I had to put a towel because the water would go everywhere. We even had the water going in our drawer with our clothes. You will see what I mean if you go on this ship. I think it was a man that designed it and he obviously had never been on a cruise. Also, when my friend opened her drawer, it broke.They had a piece in the closet that fell off as well. They will have lots of issues with the workmanship of this ship. I hope they never use that shipyard to build another ship, because it is not well built. It is a beauty though, I have to admit.

The workers were all super nice. The person that was one of my favorite people was Claus ! He is the nicest person you will ever meet. I think he works at headquarters, but he was there to help make sure everything went well. He was very sincere when he told people they could call him anytime of the day. He even gave everyone at the meet and greet his personal number to call, if they needed.

I had been to these ports before, so all we did was shop. LOL I also appreciated the fact that NCL had a letter in our stateroom about the tragedy that occured on Monday in St. Thomas. They cancelled all excursions to Coki Beach for our safety. It's sad that those whom had never been there could not experience the beauty and fun there.

We had an interior room and had lots of space, especially storage. It was the most we have ever had. I heard complaints from people that had balconies, but not from the ones that had inside cabins. This was really nice. Overall I really enjoyed my cruise and meeting everyone. I think everyone should cruise on this ship at least once.Would I go on this ship again...I'm not sure. NCL is a really nice cruiseline, especially because of the freestyle. You really do what you want and when you want. That is one of the most important factors of me booking NCL.

Publication Date: 07/22/10