Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by BADUNCLEDAVE: Eight is Great!! (Days)
Overall Member Rating
Eight is Great!! (Days)
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
There are a substantial number of summaries related to this ship and the itineraries. While I originally was going to write an autobiography, I just read well written posts by other passengers on this July 2nd cruise,thus there is no reason to be redundant.
I will bullet point my main highlights,instead of being redundant. 1. Josh Waitzman and Kevin Darby as the Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director complimented each other well in their role. (VERY GOOD)
2. 8 Day Cruise (Why go 7 Days, when you can go 8.) Actually, I prefer 11 days but they are not offered during the summer. If you are looking for an extended time on the boat, this cruise will be right up your alley.
3. Room 1009 (NOTE: While right under the gym, NO NOISE was noticeable from above. Don't hesitate booking this room or any on this side of the boat (odd numbers). No bar bells or treadmills above. Complaints previously registered are for rooms on the even side of the floor. More
4. "CONQUEST LINE SHIPS." The designers of this ship should either be shot or fired. Overly crowded Lido deck restaurants because of the layout. In addition, be ready (as all other reviews state) for floors that mysteriously end requiring that you to go up and down elevators/stairs all day long. "Carnival-SPIRIT CLASS" is by far my preference but these ships will age and will eventually be phased out.
5. HANDICAP UNFRIENDLY.. For the above reasons. I felt sorry for several older passengers who were squeezed for space. Photographers taking up space in the main flow of traffic made traffic patterns worse.
6. "Cozumel" "You need to take a cab into town." We walked the three miles, which was great exercise but took a cab back. After three previous trips to Cozumel,how I forgot this is beyond me. Great Shopping town and very reasonable prices. Have a cheap beer and margarita.
7. Limon Costa Rica: YOU NEED TO TAKE A TOUR AT THIS PORT! Charlie Soto and Okeydokeytours.com was exceptional. Save a lot of research time and money by booking with him. email@example.com Lock down one of his tours and you won't be disappointed. (Tour A-1)
8. Panama Canal (My friend Mario) Tour CL003 Great tour: Panama Canal and an incredible beach to spend the day at in this area. Wonderful Resort with food and drinks. I would also recommend this combination all day long.
9. Fort Lauderdale Port: Very well organized Personnel. Easy on and departure off the boat. No issues.. best regards to this city.
10. Food: Lido Deck is a total ZOO for getting food. (As bad as you can get or I have seen on 10 different ships.) Quality of food is fine, if you don't wait forever or get trampled in the process because of horrible traffic control or flow.
11. We had no issues with the colors of the ship as frequently discussed by other Carnival Freedom authors. Main dining rooms are attractive and not gaudy.
Recommendation: (If 8 Day Cruise)Outside of very poor ship layout and overcrowding, go for it! If any other itinerary, seriously consider a Carnival "Spirit" ship or another line (competitor.) NOTE: Princess Balcony Rooms are very small and not recommended. Carnival rooms were much larger. Less
Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>
A horrible experience with hos...
Carnival Fantasy was a let dow...
Small Cruise Ship with lots of...
Last time on Paradise
Fun and relaxing 7 day
Fun cruise to Caribbean!!
September Cruise to Caribbean ...