Sea Princess Cruise Review by SeaCrystal22: Sea Princess to Alaska

Sea Princess to Alaska

Sail Date: July 2010
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: San Francisco

This is our 4th cruise with Princess (twice to Alaska and one to the Baltics). Overall, my family of 5 (my husband and I, my elderly mother, 2 children) plus their friend had a good time. Since this is our 3rd time to Alaska, we only opted for one adventurous excursion (Ziplining in Ketchikan) for my children and their friend (who are 18, 19 and 21) and they had a blast. The ship stopped at Ketchikan, Juneau, Haines, Endicott Arm and Victoria. The ports were a little different from our last Alaskan cruises and we were glad that Haines was one of the ports because it is not as developed as Juneau and Ketchikan (no souvenir or jewelry stores lined the streets). We had plenty of time to see the first 3 ports, and for Victoria, we only stopped there from 7am to 1:30pm, but Princess had these shuttle buses traveling between the pier and downtown for $7 per person round trip, which was quite convenient.

We opted for anytime dining, so we had different waiters almost every night, a More couple of the waiters didn't seem to care to work on the ship too much, but most of them were wonderful. Food in the dining room was average compared with our last 3 Princess cruises. Did not experience the specialty dining option because we tried it in the past and the food did not seem to be superior than the regular dining room.

Our room steward did a great job in keeping our rooms tidy and clean.

There weren't too many activities onboard during sea days. The nightly entertainment was a bit disappointing, they repeated most of the theatre performances and the comedy/variety shows two nights in a row. Not enough activities for the younger cruisers, but this is a perfect sized ship for older folks. Cruise director (Kelvin Joy) and crew/staff member were good and helpful. Overall, we are very happy with this cruise.

Embarkation and disembarkation were painless. We don't mind cruising again with Princess, but on a different ship. Less

Read more Sea Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Sea Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Sea Princess Interior Double Caribe Deck C505

Cozy with three people.

Haines was a very cozy town that we thoroughly enjoyed walking through.

Read 40 Haines Reviews

We took the Mount Roberts Tram and hiked around the mountain. The view from the top was spectacular!

Read 838 Juneau Reviews

My children went ziplining in Ketchikan and had a wonderful time!

A beautiful city that my family enjoys visiting.

Read 554 Victoria Reviews