Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by chrisee116

Norwegian Dawn
Norwegian Dawn
Member Name: chrisee116
Cruise Date: July 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
Entertainment 5+
        10-12 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

First time cruisers from L.I. NY :)
Let me start off by saying that my family and I are very picky eaters! This was our 1st time cruising, so we had no idea what or who to believe on the critics. We left NY for a Bermuda cruise. The food was great, so many choices to choose from, which helped us out. We ate what we wanted, when we wanted, where ever we wanted !! The buffet was great they had a variety of choices, there was always something offered that was great, dessert was great, the waiters were great constantly picking up and catering to your needs. i personally liked the buffet because of all the different choices i had. They also offer a few restaurants that are included with the meal plan like the Venetian, its was pretty good i have to say and it was beautiful inside, again immaculate!! we also ate at the impressions italian restaurant, no cover charge for my 9 yr. old food was pretty good again beautiful inside. the salsa mexican food was absolutely fantastic, i'm not big on mexican but have to say it was delicious my whole family enjoyed it and they were again extremely catering to us! It was well worth the extra money! Anywhere you ate or drank or sat or walked the staff was soo friendly, always greeting and talking to us like we were part of their family, we just couldn't get over how attentive and friendly and curtious their staff was to us.

The ship from inside out was immaculate! Everywhere you look they are cleaning, polishing everything. the bar near the pool offers ice-cream which was good, the bar on top deck near the pool offers food which was good. one bar waiter named Deepak was great, he made us feel welcomed and catered to the kids , he went out of his way to make people happy. the pool area does get crowded, and the music was great. they also BBQ'd by the pool side everyday which was awesome!!

We prefer to not be near smoking areas which was also good because they have designated smoking sections away from the pool side chairs, thats a plus!! I purchased the soda plan for me and my son which in return is well worth it, i highly recommend it, the only down side is it takes forever to get your soda from the waiters if you order it from them, i suggest you get it from the poolside bar yourself it's quicker. the drinks were great although expensive, one tip if you get your first alcohol drink in the souvenir cup save it and use it for refills or else they'll charge you the full price for it each time you order a drink, by using your cup for refills you'll save yourself $3 every time. the shows they offer were great, i loved Bollywood. my daughter was enrolled with the kids club and she loved it, i couldn't get her to come out, she made friends and it made our vacation a lot more relaxing. the room was clean but only down side was my maid was new and i had to ask her for clean towels and soap. they had chocolate night which was amazing!!!

I had an overall great time, i loved the way the ship looked inside which was appealing, I loved the fact that on deck 7 you could walk all around the whole ship and enjoy the water view, I had an awesome time. My experience was great, I highly recommend the Norwegian Dawn, I would definitely cruise again with NCL. Embarkment was pretty easy, no confusion, the staff pretty much guide you through the whole thing, I boarded the ship around 12:30, was eating at the buffet by 1pm and my room was ready by 2pm. the Bon Voyage party was Great but then it started to rain which was a bummer. The public bathrooms were very clean at all times.

I have to say that I didn't know what to expect and thought before I left for my cruise that I wouldn't like it, I have to say that NCL has made a great impression and a lasting one, I would recommend them to everyone who wants a great time and kid friendly vacation. I used vacations to go to book it and they also were fantastic with everything.

Publication Date: 07/20/10